The Dogmother Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204742/That-sinking-feeling-Tourist-caught-beach-4x4-sinks-mud.html Oh dear Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Oops. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Oh dear, at least people can't claim its the townies not understanding the risks of the seaside if he is a sea fisherman he should understand the risks Brean is well known for its sinking mud, it is well publicised and there are numerous signs (well worth a visit though, its very pretty ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jlo Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Ooooops Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 7, 2009 Author Share Posted August 7, 2009 I bet he felt a right doughnut! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Quite funny really but you do feel for him . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Oh no, poor man ( ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Ooops - don't ignore the warning signs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 I feel sorry for his wife Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Yes its called the summer holidays and I about to strangle my kids Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 I was born in Portsmouth and we used to watch tourists ignore the signs about high tides on the causeway, local fishermen used to make a few bob rescuing them, but the council eventually drained our little cove & put a flyover in - miserable lot Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 I was born in Portsmouth and we used to watch tourists ignore the signs about high tides on the causeway, local fishermen used to make a few bob rescuing them, but the council eventually drained our little cove & put a flyover in - miserable lot did you ever read the romney marsh monica edwards? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 And to add insult to injury he must know the whole country is enjoying his misfortune. Hope he (and his wife) have a sense of humour. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scramble Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Oh dear, poor guy I hate to say it but at the end of the article he is quoted saying "I presume I will not be able to drive it again"... I know I shouldn't laugh Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted August 7, 2009 Share Posted August 7, 2009 Poor guy must be so so embarrassed - wonder if the ins will pay up ok!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...