Ness3103

Covered cat litter boxes

just wondered if any of you had a covered cat litter box with the deodorizing filters :?: i wanted to know if they actually work. my cats are indoor cats so the litter box is used all the time and can get a bit niffy sometimes regardless how often it's emptied. i'm thinking of getter the one with filters but don't want to waste my money if they don't work.

YES!!!!!

They work,we had some when we had ferrets,they learned how to use them and we had no ferret poo & wee smells (it really smells bad)

When i hopefully get two kittens,i'll definitely be getting some covered cat litter boxes

They're Great

tony-the-tiger---frosties.jpg

I've got one, but I took the door (like a little cat-flap) off because I had a cat that couldn't seem to cope with it, and I haven't bothered replacing it. Without the door, no it doesn't work, not surprisingly!

The covered ones are worthwhile though because they reduce the amount of litter that gets kicked out.

the covered ones are worthwhile though because they reduce the amount of litter that gets kicked out.

yep that's another great thing about them,and when our late cats were kittens they completely missed the litter tray sometimes,so we ended up getting the covered litter boxes lol

I have the large van ness one with the filter and I must admit its great - have never replaced the filter - its just a grey thing like a green scouring pad!! - The cats have managed with the door on no bother and are large bengal cats - they love to watch one another on the "Television" and we laugh at them so much. I use wood pellets and sometimes get a shock to find stuff in it and not have smelt it!.

I'd never heard of these litter boxes - amazing what you learn here :D I'm not sure mine would cope with the door though - they're a bit dim set in their ways....

We use the Omega Paw Self Cleaning Litter Box and while 'self cleaning' is pushing it a bit, it's certainly very good. All you do is roll it so the waste goes into the scoop and then pull that out. You do have to use the clumping variety of litter though.

Although both cats have always had access to the garden, one only does her business out there once in a blue moon and the other has never ever used the garden at all ( :wall: ), so the litter tray gets very well used.

Miley has a covered litterbox it is a cheapy from Argos, it came with a supply of charcole (sp) filters. It took her a while to work out how to use the door, but she doesn't have a catflap so if your cat is used to a catflap it will probably work it out.

I also bought a litter mat from PAH. It is brilliant, any litter which gets stuck on a kitty's paws get trapped on the mat as they walk across it.