Hi im sorry but i need to let off steam i bought a blue and black orpington 4 weeks ago and they are now both dead they have been ill from the very day i bought them home and i kept phoning the girl i bought them from and she said it was stress the black one was coughing and sneezing so i treated them both on tylan which made no difference she agreed to take them back and then changed her mind saying she no longer breeds poultry the blue one that seemed fine just dropped dead in the night and the black one was pts at the vets this morning i paid £ 55 for both of them then it cost me £ 30.00 to cremate the blue one and the black one cost me £ 45 this morning i have been stitched up rotten and the girl doesent care thank god they were kept seperate from all my other girls i am so fed up to make matters worse she cant be much older than my 17 year old daughter . :(

What a horrible thing for you to have to go throuhg, I'm so sorry *hugs*. Does sound like something nasty so well dont you for keeping them separate - I know its not much consolation, but sounds like they would almost certainly have died anyway and had much less love and care if you hadn't brought them home. You gave them a chance

x

I know exactly how you feel!! I bought two silkies (gold and blue) from a poultry breeder in Little Missenden at the end of August, only to discover when I got them home that they were worryingly malnourished and had awful colds - both were dead a month later :( I had taken them both to the vets and she had no idea what was wrong with them, and prescribed some antibiotics. Teaches me not to check my hens before I purchase them.

Thanks everyone for your replys her name is Danielle stevens from bishops waltham hampshire i will never touch another one of her birds the thing is i went to see them and checked them over and paid a deposit they seemed fine i did think the black one didnt look like the same bird when i went back but thought i might be seeing things so just took them stupid me.

I think we should be letting sellers know how powerful this website is and we should name and shame all who not only cheat us but treat these poor girls terribly. Tell all buyers we will be reporting our experience on a site that has xxxxx amount of members. Together we are a powerful chicken loving group. So sorry about your experience

Sorry to hear you have been given the run around. Naming and shaming is good even though it won't help you.

Is it worth threatening the small claims court? And to be honest you (probably) have a case - not sure if animals are covered but there must be something. How about calling the Citizens Advise Bureau for advice?

Anything to make the horrid girl's life as miserable as your poor girls were.

Then, I am a vindictive madam when someone gets one over me. :roll:

Thanks for all your replys i dont have a leg to stand on as it was a cash sale with no receipt so i have no proof she sold me any birds and she is a liar so she would just say i didnt get them from her i have learnt my lesson for future purchases.

There you go - she's fiddling her taxes - I tell you there is a way in.