craftyhunnypie

Strnge things in the eglu!

Hi everyone! I've been waiting for decentish weather for a couple of weeks now, so that I could strip down the eglu & it a good scrub with soapy water & tea tree oil!

Anyway, when I lifted the pink main body from the eglu, I found some crysalis hanging from the roof! Only 2, but I am presuming that they are from moths!!!! Quite large, it's a wonder the girls haven't ate them - perhaps the girls looked at them as their Xmas decorations! :lol:

Anyway, I lifted them out and placed them on the outside window ledge of the shed!

My girls eglu is all sparkling again, except for the roosting bars, which are a bit worn away. Must order new ones for them!

I didn't do it until quite late afternoon & was working against the light!

Poor Blanche was panicking about it going dark & getting past her bedtime - she was quite noisy. As soon as I was finished, all 3 couldn't wait to go to bed - bless! I'm expecting to be rewarded in the morning with 3 nice eggs!

They are really good at laying, considering it's winter! We even had mushroom omelettes for lunch.

Chickens are addictive....

I want another eglu ( mark 3) & more chooks! I'd like a white chicken like someones Trinny on the forum! I'd also like one that lays blue eggs, I'd like a sussex and I'd like a couple of bantams!!!

:roll:

I'd like a white chicken like someones Trinny on the forum! I'd also like one that lays blue eggs, I'd like a sussex and I'd like a couple of bantams!!!

:roll:

:D Trinny's an Amberstar, she's our head chicken and lays huge eggs. (white chicken)

I'd be interested to know about Kannie's eggs, Trinny gobbled a load up :roll:

:shock: Couldn't get this link to work, Bronze!

One thing I noticed looking at them magnified on screen, is that they look as if they've all come out joined together, like a string of sausages! :lol:

There was a spider in the eglu too, but it could easily be a slug, I guess!

Ewww, those strange things look like those "miracle capsules" you use on your skin.

You should bottle them up and head off daaawn the market :wink::lol:

"roll up, roll up,.....come get your age defying miracle capsules" !!

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't feel scared, but I didn't let the chooks eat them! I think they went in the compost heap!