Guest Poet

super easy lemon tart

made this in no time at all and it was surprisingly delish for something so easy!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4106538&l=3f308d0e96&id=568396756

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4106539&l=2d9d4c5de9&id=568396756

9 inch tart/flan dish

sweet shortcrust pastry (100g plain flour, 60g butter, 25g sugar with 1 egg and a bit of cold water to bind)

make up the pastry and line the flan dish and blind bake.

for the filling;

1 tin condensed milk

3 eggs yolks

juice 3 lemons

I didn't have lemons so used lemon extract and a bit of jif lemon juice. I had to add a bit of milk and extra egg yolk to make up the volume but if you use lemon juice i should think you won't have to do that.

mix the condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon juice together, pour onto pastry base and bake for approx 15mins at 180.

This is a winner and next time I'm going to make home made ice cream to go with it!

I have 3 egg yolks lurking in the freezer that I have been pondering what to do with - this sounds perfect! Thanks for posting.

Edited to add - I have now made this lemon tart for a family get together. It was fabby and went down an absolute storm! (I didn't let on how easy it was :lol: )

Edited by Guest

Just thought I'd share a tip for the health conscious pudding eaters :lol: among us.

I've made this tart again with light condensed milk. According to the tin 0.2g fat/0.1g sat fat per 100g. Still tastes as yummy as with the full fat condensed milk.

Yes I know the pastry isn't exactly virtuous, but every little helps, surely???!

Just thought I'd share a tip for the health conscious pudding eaters :lol: among us.

I've made this tart again with light condensed milk. According to the tin 0.2g fat/0.1g sat fat per 100g. Still tastes as yummy as with the full fat condensed milk.

Yes I know the pastry isn't exactly virtuous, but every little helps, surely???!

I made this again a couple of days ago - I used light condensed milk too :D

We made little ones which had a better texture this time, not sure why though :lol: