The Dogmother

Snow

Snow, hail and sleet showers all day here and the wind is freezing.

I have been house hunting today :D up winding single track roads, was ok until a very snowy snow plough was coming the other way. I decided it was time to head back home :?

I found a very nice house and popped into the estate agents on my way home. The file said it had been on the market since July :? So what is wrong with it :? (sorry :oops: off topic a bit there, just thinking aloud :lol: )

We've had a couple of light flurries, but nothing that lasted more than a few minutes. The children are gutted, as the news mentioned that the Cheviots should be getting a good bit of snow today, and that's where our new house is.

I found a very nice house and popped into the estate agents on my way home. The file said it had been on the market since July :? So what is wrong with it :? (sorry :oops: off topic a bit there, just thinking aloud :lol: )

Not necessarily anything Ali - ours has been on the market since April - and I don't think there's much wrong with it :?

Only certain houses in certain places and certain price ranges fall into the '8 people after 1 house' bracket as trumpeted by the media. A lot of Estate Agents are reporting that things are quiet - at least in this area. Don't be put off by it.

Sorry - completely off topic :D

My hands are frozen too :(

I have spent 10 minutes cleaning out the Eglu and my fingers are white (I suffer with Raynards disease). Now they are very painful as the feeling in them is returning. I was wearing a pair of thermal gloves as well as rubber gloves :(

I need warm sunshine :D

When we left for work this morning our little bit of Kent was turning into a Winter Wonderland with great big, fluffy, white snowflakes falling in their thousands. Unfortunately, OH wouldn't let me stay home to make snowmen. :(

Mind you, it was cold. The chickens had popped out for a bit of breakfast, but went back to bed.

Only a few miles up the road it was just cold and grey. London - where I am now - has had no snow and is cold, and miserable, but the sun is starting to appear.

It looks like this cold weather is going to be around for the rest of the week. It wouldn't be so bad, but we're running a half-marathon on Sunday. Yikes! :shock: