sadietoo

The Harcombe Diet

Well we have done really well on this. OH has lost 2 stones 8 lbs Ive lost 10lbs . I would like to lose another 4lbs and OH wants to lose another stone. So we will continue with the principles of not eating carbs with fats and see how it goes. Thank you for this it really works. :D

Well done! I have to say that despite substantial cheating and various work things that have got in the way, I have not put any weight back on and am still losing very slowly, I know if I stuck to it I could lose a lot more quickly but I'm just happy that its going in the right direction.

Egluntyne, now that you've lost the weight, are you mixing carbs and fats again? I wondered what you're doing as a 'maintenance' plan?

I have started this diet today after reading all on this board about everyones success.

I seem to have been dieting all my life, know the calories and 'points' in everything but still cant keep the weight off!

So when I read the book, it all seemed to make so much sense...

I have cleared my fridge and bread bin out (haven't been brave enough to do the cupboards yet :oops: ) and made my start this morning with dry 'rude health' brown rice cereal. 2 eggs, tuna and salad for lunch, will be lamb chops and veggies for tea.

It really is heartening to read that you all find it quite easy to stick to once you have got used to it and that you are all still losing weight without weighing and counting everything or going hungry.

I wish us all luck!

I was pondering on this as I cooked my bacon and egg for breakfast this morning! I think that with most diets, once you fall off the wagon the temptation is to think 'oh well, I've blown it for this week - might as well enjoy myself' and then go overboard with chocolate/cake etc. With this diet, if I do slip up and mix fats and carbs, or get tempted by cake, I just carry on with the next meal as usual, because there really isn't any feeling of deprivation or missing out. The aubergine and lentil moussaka and the butternut squash curry are dishes I will cook again and again, and there are some more in the book that I keep meaning to try, but it's also relatively easy to stick to the plan even if you're eating out.

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on!

Just to say, like Egluntyne I've been doing this diet a while now (since about August last year from memory), and I am still avoiding bread and potatotes . I really don't think of myself as being on a diet anymore, and in fact I do deliberately cheat and mix carbs and fats from time to time now as I don't really want to lose any more weight (who ever would have thought I'd say that :shock: ) but mostly my cheats are wine or chocolate (85% only or more - everything else far too sickly now for me )

I am doing the detox week , middle of phase 1, i feel really ill, headache worse than migraine, book says to stick at it till you feel well......my arthritis is worse than normal, it is just awful..i hate all this meat..can't wait to get onto phase 2.

My tablets make it hard to lose weight as they can cause weight gain......but at day 3 lost 2lbs..i think it is worth it, drinking loads of water..............i want tea..

(i know i have food intolerances and was fairly slim when not eating said foods. hoping to give myself a kick start then eat carefully without my intolerance foods . I won't go back to eating them all the time again )

I am doing the detox week , middle of phase 1, i feel really ill, headache worse than migraine, book says to stick at it till you feel well......my arthritis is worse than normal, it is just awful..i hate all this meat..can't wait to get onto phase 2.

My tablets make it hard to lose weight as they can cause weight gain......but at day 3 lost 2lbs..i think it is worth it, drinking loads of water..............i want tea..

(i know i have food intolerances and was fairly slim when not eating said foods. hoping to give myself a kick start then eat carefully without my intolerance foods . I won't go back to eating them all the time again )

Well done for sticking with it in spite of not feeling very well it will be worth it in the end

just wanted to say, I am vegetarian(as is Zoe) ...and so it's very possible to do stage one of this diet without turning it into Atkins if you are not enjoying the meat...I just really concentrated on not mixing fats with carbs, cutting out processed foods and particularly sugary ones, and made the change to decaffeinated drinks and that helped enormously...(I have found the PG tips decaff tea to be far better than typhoo and drink it a lot with skimmed milk) .......good luck

Just a quickie about the Butternut Squash Curry - I have trouble getting the coconut blocks. Can you make it with less stock and tinned coconut milk do you think? I have dessciated coconut too if adding some of that too would help :think: (I am not on this diet having bailed out after phase 1 but fancy this curry. Have lost 12lb since January cutting out red meat, using less piggy portions and wii EA sports fitness).

Now onto phase two, feeling a lot better....not eating so much meat, bought decaff and fruit teas, still drinking water.Lost another 1lb...not a lot for 6 days ( 3lb in all. ) but i am very happy with it. still getting my head around the rules but because i can eat if hungry i'm doing ok.

So glad of this forum, so thank you before i start.

:clap::clap::clap: Just to let you all know 2 weeks into this incredible diet( and taking all my nasty weight gaining meds) I have lost 4 kg :clap::dance::dance:

I am not hungry and i am finding it easier to mix foods as i get used to it......and i am not exercising at all :dance:

So very proud of myself ty ty ty xxxxx

Well Done Angie :clap:

OH & I are still sticking to it, I've lost another pound this week but prior to that had a few weeks of going up and down with no overall loss. OH had lost 15lb in total but put a pound on this week. We have been attending a Fostering course for the last 3 days and there was a buffet lunch every day, I took my own salad along but OH decided to eat the buffet each day so its not surprising he put a pound on. :)

My work colleague started this diet last week and lost an incredible 14 pounds in phase 1!!! She is so happy with it and can't believe how easy its been. :)

Still going with this.sometimes we have time offwhen there are special occasions etc but generally sticking to principles of keeping fats and carbs seperate and not eating anything processed. I am now 2lbs off my target weight and OH has lost 3 stone. Really good easy way of eating. Keep going everybody :)