sadietoo

The Harcombe Diet

Skimming through this thread, I noticed someone said it seemed similar to the South Beach diet. I tried this a year or so ago and lost about a stone :dance: . Annoyingly, I've put it all back on again (my own fault, I've been eating like a pig :oops: ).

Now inspired to try again 8) . (Might just have to finish all the Christmas nibbles and choccies first though :wink: .)

I think I'm going to try the five-day plan again now all the partying's out of the way. Despite only observing the 'rules' for this in a rudimentary fashion, I am surprised that during December I didn't put on any weight and in fact I lost another pound, so I am back into this with renewed enthusiasm. It's not just the weight issue, I really felt a lot brighter and more energetic when I was following this.

It's not just the weight issue, I really felt a lot brighter and more energetic when I was following this.

Me too. I'm on it for life now. Have completely lost my sweet tooth and found myself able to resist cake, mince pies etc, and dare I say it, I continued to lose a bit of weight over Christmas.

Hubby & I are going to give this a go, it sounds really good.We're going to order the book/s & let you know how we get on :D

Egluntyne I am really impressed by your account of your weight loss, well done :clap:

Do you think I can lose 2 stone for my cruise on 30th April :?::anxious:

Lesley my cholesterol result has just come back at 6.6. My GP isn't happy.

Hubby & I are going to give this a go, it sounds really good.We're going to order the book/s & let you know how we get on :D

Egluntyne I am really impressed by your account of your weight loss, well done :clap:

Do you think I can lose 2 stone for my cruise on 30th April :?::anxious:

Lesley my cholesterol result has just come back at 6.6. My GP isn't happy.

I'm sure you could lose the better part of your goal in 5 months - if not all of it.

My cholesterol has come down significantly on this diet, too.

Just to add, although I did "cheat" quite a lot over Christmas, I have not put on any of the stone I have lost on this diet, and am going to do the five day plan again just to get me back on track.....I don't work on a Monday so I think I'll start it on Friday and go through over the weekend. Personally I think it's a great way to lose weight...looking forward to hearing how people get on.

Okay, I've done Atkins, lost over a stone and put it back on plus some :shameonu: ; done WW lost nearly 2 stone and put it all back on now :oops: . Now weigh the heaviest I've ever been, more than when I was 9 months pregnant with DD2 :shock:

OH is slightly overweight since having to give up running due to bad knees (I quite like him a bit filled out though :) ).

So following the recommendations on here I have bought the book today, we plan to eat up all the things we aren't allowed on the diet this week (dairy, yoghurts, fruit, museli, possibly a few left over christmas choccies, Oh and the yummy lemon curd I made at the weekend after finding the recipe on here :roll: ) as I can't bear throwing it all out, will shop for all the phase one foods at the weekend and we will start the diet next Monday :dance:

So we will be keeping you both company Jules & Riane, we can compare notes if you like.

I'd like to lose 2 - 2.5 stone, OH wants to lose 1 - 1.5 stone.

:)

yup, we've seen it now! :lol:

The five days were hard but not unbearable, and once they are over it's such a relief to be able to eat other foods that it doesn't feel like a diet. I gave up on this because of a big birthday and then Christmas, but I have tried not to eat wheat, and where possible tried to avoid mixing carbs and 'fat', and to my surprise I didn't put on any weight over Christmas. I'm definitely going to follow t more closely again now the party season is over.

I am going to start the 5 days from hell on Sunday,so I won't feel too horrid for my long Saturday shift at work.

I am suspecting that I will have major cravings,which will be really bad when I see all that delicious food going through my till :roll:

So I am all set.

Bacon & Egg for Breakfast every day (could actually eat this all day,every day), but NO KETCHUP,which will be a major issue for me,as I know I am quite addicted.

Lunch I am going to play by ear & see what I fancy. I am going to buy in some stir fry veggies & Prawns,& I reckon there will also be an Omlette or 2.

I am also making the Butterut squash curry,which I think sounds lovely.I may make it a bit wetter & more soup like.

Supper I am going for meats/Fish & salads. That way I can add bread,dressings or potatoes & still feed my family the same as I am having. So, a Pan fried Salmon salad,Steak & Salad,Lamb Chops & home made slaw will be on the menu.

Roast pork & veggies on Sunday - no Roasties for me,or apple sauce :cry:

No wine for 5 days. That I am not looking forward to,as I love my glass (or 2 ) of red in the evening.

Wish me luck!

I feel pretty good about it,& really could start today,but as I said,I dread my Saturday shift at Waitrose with a splitting head & drooling chops :drool::roll::lol:

That sounds like a good plan - and honestly, after the five days I don't think you will have any cravings. I know, that's almost impossible to believe, but it really did work for me - I felt hungry, but not that desperate 'must eat' feeling. I've always read about people who just have porridge for breakfast and a bowl of soup for lunch and thought that I could never do that, but it really works.

The butternut squash is yummy, but you'll soon work out which recipes you can adapt to suit this plan.

I don't want to lead you astray, but I did have a couple of glasses of wine during my five-day stint, and still lost weight ... :whistle:

I positively liked my first 5 days on the plan - and I use it whenever I need a kick-start. I also base my WW menus on Harcombe in a way which suits me.

I'm on day 3 of my 5 days and have lost 3lbs so far - haven't been hungry, feel like Tigger and haven't had headaches.

It will probably be better than you think but I agree that a Saturday shift might prove difficult.

Woke this morning with a sudden yearning for live natural yoghurt,so despite the long shift,I am on the 5 day detox.

Having a big old plate of bacon & Eggs before I leave for work at 12.30.

I have already fixed a lasagne for supper,but will save that for those who can eat it & will make myself an omlette for supper when I get home.

My only concern is my 3.30 break,when I generally have a coffee & a sandwich (I don't usually eat before I leave).

I will need to eat something.....any suggestions as to what I can take to eat very quickly that won't look too mad??? :roll::lol: