migsy Posted September 30, 2010 Author Share Posted September 30, 2010 Plum, your Siamese sound a nightmare! Poor you. I know what you mean though about re-homing. I love my cats too much. Anyway, who would take on a cat that causes such a stink? I have had the Feliway 3 weeks now and he has only weed once since then which is a vast improvement. He even went outside himself this morning without me chucking him through the front door. Seems to be getting better. Fingers crossed! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted September 30, 2010 Share Posted September 30, 2010 Daphne we built our conservatory to keep Harold in and protect the rest of the house when we were out but we liked it too much. So much for that idea I think his trouble has been he is in a house with all females although no male cats come in. He was neutered when young. You've got a problem if others come in. So you both have positive results so I'll get one. I have a young nervous cat so it may help her as well. She wets the bed if I use the vacuum cleaner Will pick some up from vet when she goes for the chop. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
migsy Posted October 18, 2010 Author Share Posted October 18, 2010 Flipping Feliway ran out and the cat started weeing again so today I went to the vets and paid £30 for a refill. They are only £15 on the web. How can the vet charge so much If I bought it there all the time it would cost £30 a month! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted October 18, 2010 Share Posted October 18, 2010 gosh, that's a lot - but it just goes to show that it works! I bought a refill for mine recently, and it has done quite a lot to calm down the psychotic cat who bites everyone; I suspect it's a cumulative thing as it took a few days to have an effect. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dancing cloud Posted October 19, 2010 Share Posted October 19, 2010 I now keep a stock of refills as I have two plug-ins going at the same time and, as soon as I put the last refill in, I trawl the web and find the cheapest ones to stock up with again. It is expensive but cheaper and easier in the long run than replacing furniture, carpets or curtains and we have more-relaxed happier cats. £30 does sound a bit of a rip off . My cats have gone to a different vet since the nearest one charged £15 more for their annual boosters than the other vet (and the other vet is much nicer with chickens too ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
migsy Posted October 19, 2010 Author Share Posted October 19, 2010 Dancing Cloud - Our vet is renowned for being expensive but because both my cats are insured I haven't bothered changing. I won't be buying Feliway from them again though! I used to buy special diet food from them too but found it at least 1/3 cheaper online. I think your idea of stocking up is good. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CatieB Posted October 20, 2010 Share Posted October 20, 2010 When we rescued our cats from Woodgreen animal shelter we were advised to use diluted biological washing powder to clean up the wee - apparently gets rid of the smell the best and they won't wee in that place again. Don't know if the last bit works but it certainly got rid of smell for us. Hope this helps Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
migsy Posted October 20, 2010 Author Share Posted October 20, 2010 Thanks Catie. I have tried surgical spirit as advised by Feliway but it doesn't get rid of the stains. I'll try the powder next although (and I know I should not say this) he has not weed since I got the refill. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...