bluekarin

Theme tune website ** Warning

WARNING!!!

Don't do the ringtone thing - it signs you up to Jamster & charges you £4.50 straight off.

Then continues to charge this every month until you message STOP to them........I have just been caught out :roll:

EDIT; I phoned them and complained that there is nothing to warn the customer about this on the site,and they are refunding me.

OK - Due South and they've even got Lancer! Oooh I spy Daktari - anyone remember the lion?! Awwww he was lovely.

Edited to add - they haven't got The Pingwings! :cry: But OH is sorted with The Flashing Blade! :roll:

Even got Torchy and Twizzle! Now that takes me to age 3 or so!

Sorry hun - I have no idea what you are talking about!! :think: Maybe I have led a sheltered life!

Great website though. It also reminded me of a few old programmes that I would love to see again but had to make do with a couple of clips on You Tube. The main one was "Arthur of the Britons." I used to :drool: over Oliver Tobias in that!

It's 'cause you's a youngster! :lol:

The Pingwings were knitted penguins and made long before The Clangers. Torchy and Twizzle same time. Due South is more recent, sort of - Erin's been watching and drooling (Paul Gross as the Mountie) recent reruns on Sky. Um, Lancer was one of many cowboy series in the 70's.

The Flashing Blade was one of those dubbed French (?) programmes around the late 70's I think - I know it was more his childhood and my brothers than mine.

What is even more disturbing is that I remember the lyrics a little too well and been singing along to lots of others! :oops::oops::oops:

Gillian Bailey was in it (I think that was her name) - last saw her in When the Boat Comes in. I wonder what happened to her?

Treehouse sounds soooo 8) . I made do with 2 wheelbarrows, a blackboard and easel propped against the washing line pole and a plank - made a brilliant pirate ship. Never had a treehouse, but my dad built a wendy house that was still standing strong even after the children came along (by then it was a mini potting shed). Um, I looked up The Buccaneers too. :oops:

Thanks for the warning about the ringtones thingy ... I am looking for a ringtone for my new phone, soooo tempted to download 'The White Horses' theme tune! (Showing my age, I know)

You'll be able to download it somewhere else, or if there is a youtube video, can take the audio from that ;)

What a fab site.

When I was browsing for something else I saw "Marine Boy". I haven't thought about that programme in...well, pretty much my whole adult life.

The moment the first note started I was transported back to being a very small child and being completely enraptured with Marine Boy. I always wanted some of that gum which enabled one to breathe underwater.

Thanks for the warning about the cost of theme tunes, there were plenty that I was considering downloading!