I don't think anyone will get their cube until mid-May at the earliest.

The Omlet website says, "The current delivery time for an eglu cube is the middle to end of May".

Does it make any difference, I wonder, which colour you have ordered? Do they do runs of colours?

Does it make any difference, I wonder, which colour you have ordered? Do they do runs of colours?

I wondered that too, they must do, and I was imagining that they'd be running out of purple. :lol:

I feel pathetically desperate too Auntye, eversince I "rashly ordered it", you're right Gallina.

Now I'm not sure if I took pulling out the droppings tray into a/c :oops:

I feel a tiny bit sorry for Omlet if we all compare oder dates/provisional dates & actual delivery dates.

Some can't possibly be in the "right" order, if you take into a/c delivery areas on different days, some with hens, some without, and Eglus being ordered all the time that we don't know about on this forum.

I'm sad if I miss mid May, although it's likely, because I def. need to be here to settle the new hens (I'm dreading the noise for the neighbours as much as anything, having recently already introduced a new pair :oops: ). I was hoping they would all be new together, but these will be mature when the others arrive! But, I'll be away for a few days at the end of May, prob. the very week to be suggested, which makes it June. Then, I may as well defer until 16th when OH is way, so I can settle Tots & Reg without so many :roll::roll:

:oops: Just remembered, I've told him about the Cube, but not the new pair. He was a bit :evil: and :shock: and :twisted: at the last 2. Perhaps I should smuggle them in the 1st day he's away & let him think he's imagining things. :lol:

But that would make it June 16th, I can't wait that long! :lol: Plus, 2 are sleeping out (in foxproof run) because of the overcrowding, I didn't think it would be for long. :oops::lol:

:lol: You'd be very welcome Bronze. Did you know the College is being knocked down for housing? :shock:

I've just discovered that I'm your parents' generation, not yours. :(

Still, if I don't think about it (dwell, dwell.... :evil: ) I feel younger, and think of Omleteers as contempories, so it's a bit of a shock to the system if I stop to think about it.

Anyway, always a cuppa here for you, Bronze. xx

Good theory, Jaime :lol: Here is my theory...cough....

They might do light colours first, purple last?

:oops: Just remembered, I've told him about the Cube, but not the new pair. He was a bit :evil: and :shock: and :twisted: at the last 2. Perhaps I should smuggle them in the 1st day he's away & let him think he's imagining things. :lol:

As I advised before Sheila, just wait till he notices - could be a while as the Omlet pair will look similar to the others - . When he says "Are those new chickens?" you can reply, "What? Those old things? No, we've had them ages." :lol::lol:

:lol: Yes, that has been my trump card so far, Lesley. When he pulled a face at the last 2 newbies, I pointed out that he wouldn't like me to pull that face when he goes fishing. He was speechless for a bit, so I do have that up my sleeve for next time too. :lol:

Anyone been given a date yet? :lol:

:lol: Yes, that has been my trump card so far, Lesley. When he pulled a face at the last 2 newbies, I pointed out that he wouldn't like me to pull that face when he goes fishing. He was speechless for a bit, so I do have that up my sleeve for next time too. :lol:

I can just imagine :o:shock::lol::lol:

Good luck with the delivery date.

Still, if I don't think about it (dwell, dwell.... :evil: ) I feel younger, and think of Omleteers as contempories, so it's a bit of a shock to the system if I stop to think about it.

Anyway, always a cuppa here for you, Bronze. xx

You don't seema day over 18 so don't worry.

As for the extra chickens how about going down the 'well I told you about the cube' route 'and you have to order at least 2 chickens with an eglu so I got these two'

And then hope and paray he doesnt check :D

You don't seem a day over 18 so don't worry.

Ditto Sheila! :lol:

......Does your reply apply to me too Bronze?

My problem is that inside my head I'm still sixteen! :roll::lol:

You don't seem a day over 18 so don't worry.

Ditto Sheila! :lol:

......Does your reply apply to me too Bronze?

My problem is that inside my head I'm still sixteen! :roll::lol:

of course dear

(if it makes you feel better :wink: )

Dear 18 year old Sheila :?

How can you possibly think purple comes before Red?

Every one knows they will do the PRIME Colours first

Red Yellow Blue and then they will have to guess a bit for the "blends" Green, Purple etc.

So I still get my Red one first! :dance:

At this point Clare, I'm gonna stamp my foot and say Dan beat me by about 10 minutes when ordering, and Kate wasn't too far behind us..... If we don't get our Eglus first there's gonna be trouble...... you'd better tell the fab four there could be a mutiny on their hands....... :wink::lol: