Christian

Kirstie is back!

Loved the show, Ygerna, I think your children are just gorgeous (as of course are all the crafty things you made)! Your kitchen is just lovely now it's been "Kirstied". Well done, a lovely show, thank you!!! :clap:

Thank you. I have to agree about my children, they are gorgeous and I love them totally. I can't believe how much they've changed since that was filmed though. It was only done in March but the difference is remarkable.

How fabulous!!!

I watched it without realising I was watching a genuine Omleteer in action, Ygerna. I just thought "she must be nice as she has such well-cared-for chickens". :D

I am so :mrgreen: of your lovely kitchen post-Kirstification. The tiles and the copper dish were amazing too.

Congratulations on your lovely new rooms and your lovely children who are all cute as buttons. :clap::clap::clap:

Glad you all had such a good experience - it really looked like you did. May have to track down that tile man. I think he's in Farnham which isn't far from us, lovely way to keep your kiddies creations on a permanent basis :D .

Shame kirstie's book is from the 1st series - I really enjoyed this series and thought the makeovers were lovely. Fingers crossed she does another book.

Ygerna - do you have any inside information as to whether there will be a series 3 :D ?

I thought that was the best programme of the series!

I love your home, Ygerna, it is lovely on the outside, and what nice sized rooms you have too! Afterwards, the rooms looked really comfy and homely (but in an expensive and well cared for way!), not staged at all. Your kitchen is especially gorgeous though :mrgreen:8)

Thank you. :D The house is a 1930'a semi so the rooms are indeed very good sizes. We are very lucky indeed. The whole house is in need of decoration and updating but, I was desperate for a new kitchen for so long...

Now, I have one that is perfect for me.

Glad you all had such a good experience - it really looked like you did. May have to track down that tile man. I think he's in Farnham which isn't far from us, lovely way to keep your kiddies creations on a permanent basis :D .

Shame kirstie's book is from the 1st series - I really enjoyed this series and thought the makeovers were lovely. Fingers crossed she does another book.

Ygerna - do you have any inside information as to whether there will be a series 3 :D ?

The tile man is an incredibly lovely man, and amazingly passionate about what he does.

http://www.froyletiles.co.uk/

He sells things other items from his shop too. I really must pop down and thank him, and spend some money in there :D

I don't have any idea about if there will be a third series, but, If there is, the homemade home website will tell you. I just filled in the form that was on there, way back in February, but in all honesty really didn't imagine I'd get picked.

I've had some of that glass etching acid stuff for ages but never realised you could just make your own stencils with sticky backed plastic. I need to get along to hobbycraft and get me some of that old blue peter favourite!!!

I've had some of that glass etching acid stuff for ages but never realised you could just make your own stencils with sticky backed plastic. I need to get along to hobbycraft and get me some of that old blue peter favourite!!!

I've done the etching before, but, I used pre made stensils, using the sticky backed plastic was new to me too, but will save me spending my money on expensive rub off transfer things. Don't forget to show us what you make Poet. :D

Loved the show, and love your new kitchen and dining room..and the antique fairs..and..well everything really. My children are now 21 and 17 and I still cried along with you (yes there was a tear in your eye and rightly so :) ) at the lovely lovely tiles made from your children's drawings.

My mil died about 6 years ago. She had looked after everything she owned so well that I have some lovely "vintage" stuff now...but actually and more importantly , I hated the thought of throwing perfectly good stuff away and I love the fact that everything she has passed on to us is so much better made than modern stuff. Having been accused of being "old fashioned" by my offspring, I am pleased to say that I can now say we have kept the old because we are "upcycling." Perhaps we are old-fashioned - I don't have a fancy mobile phone that can put me onto facebook in a nano second, but my kids can get hold still get of me in an instant if they need me..and I can make a phone call wherever I am. We don't have a flat screen tv (our old TV isn't broken yet) but we still watch everything we want on tv...I'm not sure what we are missing out on!

I love Kirstie, for a posh bird IMO she talks a lot of sense!!!