Christian

Kirstie is back!

Hello :D

Apologies for not posting these days. I am simply very busy with life and don't get much laptop time now However, I've popped in this morning and thought I'd share some of our experiences.

Getting the kitchen and dining room done on Kirsties Homemade Home was an awesome experience. She is absolutely lovely in real life, very genuine.

Being involved in a TV production is quite an eye opener. What you don't see on the show is how many people are involved in each part of it. You also don't see how many times you may have to do the same thing and you don't see how much standing around there is whilst cameras and lighting is set up, or relocated to do the shot again from a different angle. You also don't get to see just how much work it takes to do each craft. You only get to see snippets of it but, we really did have to make the item, under the guidance of the craftsperson. The stained glass segment yesterday would have taken at least a day to film and they would have cut each piece of glass and lead themselves. Unfortunately it has to be cut down, the filming of our show was done over a period of about 3 months, with each craft or show visit lasting from 6 or 7 in the morning until 5/6 in the evening. Very long days but also lots of fun.

Some of the crafts that we did were amazing, and both of us have a favourite that we'd like to try and take a course on; If only time would allow. The professional people we were lucky enough to meet as part of the crafting days were amazing. Their enthusiasm for their personal craft is inspiring. Watching them work and being allowed to work beside them as they shared their knowledge was incredible and the items that we made are amazing. We see, or use them every single day. They are unique items.

I really enjoyed the Antiques Market day and we got some fabulous, fabulous things which we use everyday. Another thing which you don't see is that Charity Shops are visited for some of the smaller 'dress' items used to finish and dress the room. Again we still use lots of these items and I actually love the fact that they are charity shop items. Some of our household items and furniture are from charity shops anyway so we were familiar with them and the bargains they can hold even before the show.

We've been told that we are the last episode in the series, 7th December. I shan't say which crafts we did though, but, suffice to say we were given the opportunity to try things we'd never get chance to do in an ordinary day.

I am still very much into crafting things. One of the reasons I've popped back in today is to try and get some ideas of things to make for christmas this year. :oops:

We've been told that we are the last episode in the series, 7th December. I shan't say which crafts we did though, but, suffice to say we were given the opportunity to try things we'd never get chance to do in an ordinary day.

I am still very much into crafting things. One of the reasons I've popped back in today is to try and get some ideas of things to make for christmas this year. :oops:

Did I just see a bit of next weeks show with your OH getting hen food ready and you in the house? It looked like it - look forward to seeing you next week.