Christian

Kirstie is back!

I saw a snippet of chickens too for the week after next...but had no idea it was a forum member! what fun...I shall watch with added enthusiasm. .I love it..and whilst I agree Kirstie can be a little over the top at times any one who can describe themselves as a "posh fat bird" deserves more air time imo!!! :lol:

We've been given another week to mentally prepare. :lol: What is surprising me is how many people are coming up to me and saying they'd seen us on TV, etc. Some people I know, some I only know in passing. Our five minutes of fame will be short but fun, but, it does kind of give an idea of how it must be to live your life in the limelight. Where the colour of your socks in news, and where you can't ever leave the house without doing your hair because someone will take your photo and stick it on the front page :shock:

It was an amazing experience. Kirstie is really lovely. It has to be said though that the whole production crew were fantastic. Really, really lovely, fun and genuine people. It was odd reading the credits at the end and realising that we'd met so many of the names on there.

Richard, the tile maker is a really nice guy. When filming had stopped, the production team were making tiles and using things like their leatherman tools to get imprints. They were like kids, it was so funny.

The tiles that we made with the childrens artwork are fantastic. We backed them with felt and I use them everyday. Some are used simply for decoration, some are coasters, another is a pot stand in the kitchen. We also gave some as gifts to grandparents. I can't describe how it felt to see their drawings turned into something so amazing. I did almost cry at the time because it was overwhelming.

Sian, the copper smith was SO lovely, her studio is in a workshop at the bottom of her garden. She does some amazing things with copper. It was very hard work and very hot, but really great fun.

The woodturning thing was just amazing, we've got the candle sticks here, but to see the boys making them was fascinating. They did ask John to go along for that one, they thought it would be good to get him to go to his old school, but, unfortunately he simply couldn't get the time off work.

I LOVE antique shows now. I simply can't resist them, also second hand shops and charity shops. I am always browsing.

The cupboards in the dining room are from Jali, and they are extremely good value, in my opinion. We are getting some in the lounge because we love them so much.

Kirsties book is from series 1 so I don't think it has anything from this series in it.