Luvachicken Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Sometimes I just wonder about myself. I read a few times now that some of you have got morehens disease and I assumed that for some strange reason that you all started to like the little black MOORHENS that I see on my local canal. Then I just read someone elses topic and they spelt it slightly differently and I realised that you are all suffering form MoreHens disease - silly me -there really is no cure Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
green Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daxigirl Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 I know I didn't get it when I read it first, I really thought it was a disease to be caught by the chooks that people were talking about. I can officially declare myself as a highly infectious sufferer! all day long Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 Dont worry I googled it till the penny dropped - I am blonde by the way and er middleaged - so thats my excuse Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LJ's Chooks Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 It is totally incurable... infact we seem to get a really bad bout of it every spring!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
..lay a little egg for me Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 Ah well of course it is a symptom of the disease that sufferers fail to recognize the existence of it at all, which is why you did not twig straight away. They always say that first step in a cure is recognising the disease exists! But, of course, a cure will be a long way off as researchers have only just identified the disease and need to observe sufferers closely before any progress towards a cure could be made. (I have contributed to the research effort by getting 3 more hens this summer ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Reikiranf Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 I'm pretty certain that it's a highly contagious virus and we can catch it from this forum along with the omlet musthaves disease Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
green Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 I'm pretty certain that it's a highly contagious virus and we can catch it from this forum along with the omlet musthaves disease This forum has a lot to answer for. I've only got two chooks, and I must resist! At least until the spring! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 Oooohhhh nooooooo!!!!, now you know what it is, there is noooooo hope for you at all Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 Oh no is it going to get worse in the Spring? I've already go it bad Shame my OH has undoubted immunity. The other terrible disease I've caught from this forum is OmletAds disease. Every time I think I've got every Chicken object I or my hens could possibly desire up pops another must have Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 It definitely gets worse in the spring , and with every chook show and Omleteer meet you go to Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 25, 2010 Share Posted November 25, 2010 The awful thing is ...there is no prospect of a cure. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 26, 2010 Share Posted November 26, 2010 Never heard of it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue-DiamondChick07 Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 Mines flaring up again. Looking for a Bluebell, a Black Rock and an ISA (help) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 it's like any addiction - you have to WANT to help yourself!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sandyhas3chucks Posted November 28, 2010 Share Posted November 28, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted November 29, 2010 Share Posted November 29, 2010 I thought that admitting to an addiction in a circle was supposed to help. This circle makes it worse Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
enpekt Posted November 29, 2010 Share Posted November 29, 2010 (edited) There is no cure. Remission in winter is possible, but rare. Indeed hardly likely... ...Observation has proved that while physical symptoms reduce, mental ones increase inversely. Edited December 4, 2010 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted December 2, 2010 Author Share Posted December 2, 2010 Thanks everyone for cheering me up. I only just got back on here after working so hard for the last few days. For a cure for my morehens disease I ordered a new front panel and some new roosting bars........Haven't decided what else I might like yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted December 2, 2010 Share Posted December 2, 2010 Aha new roosting bars = more roosting room = morehens Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted December 2, 2010 Author Share Posted December 2, 2010 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...