catherinedon

mycoplasma & coccidiosis *update * need more advice

Keep you chin up :) It's good to have a plan. Just be a little careful that you are not spending as much on potions and lotions as you would have on an extended course of antibiotics. Speak to your vet, you can probably get advise by phone. Partially treating the myco may present you with a more drug resistant form.

Thanks to all of you you are still reading this. Put lovely new shaving down this morn and mixed in with old to try to dry them out. Dh has put tarp on doors of WIR and is now at B & Q getting some MDV to cover the roof at the back of the run which only had chicken wire on unlike the majority opf the run which is covered in tarp. Chickens have all had warm food with garlic powder and warm water with acvthis morn and cube all cleaned out. Wine gum(still has bubbly eye and sneezing) and Jessie (looking good and not sneezing) have had their antibiotics and all 7 girls have had 1ml of nutri dops each. I have had alovely bath:) WAsup nearly every hour last night as 2 of my children have D&V which I now have and feel yuck. Hope dh and other 2 children dont get. Glad I went out early this morn and spent nearly 2 hours sorting out the chickens and guinea pig as I now feel yuck :vom:

Myco can be a horrible illness, distressing for the keeper as well as the chook, particularly if its your first exposure to illness. Keep your chin up - you're doing the right things; if it all gets too much then the priority for the chooks should be that they get their meds. I do hope you and your children feel back to full strength soon :D

I had three chickens with this they all had tylan and all recovered, in fact one went onto produce 6 chicks (one is a cock, two hens) the cock get a big swollen eye as a complication which does sometimes happen, but that was about a month after and I gave him more medicine and now hes fully recovered.. dont give up on them, I think they will be ok.. :)

up date. Scared to say it but my girls are doing very well :):) No sneezing and no sore eyes. Yesterday completed 2 full weeks of antibiotics. Have also given Winegum and Jessie 4 days of nutridrops and the other 5 girls who are well 3 days of nutri drops. ACV in water and garlic powder in food. All are nicely shaded from the wind now and I am more relaxed :D Thanks for listening

it really does cause lost of distress doesnt it. So so glad they are all really well now really didnt think the antibiotics would work but the second lot did. I also gave them all poultry drops and asdded acv to water and garlic to food. They have been eating much more of their food since adding the garlic powder