cazp1978

Storing layers pellets

Hi

We are storing our layers pellets in their sack, in the cupboard in the back porch which also houses our combi boiler. Theory being that they wouldn't get damp. Now we notice that a mouse has chewed through the sack and there are mouse droppings in the cupboard.

We are also storing corn and wild bird feed in the same cupboard but in SMA tins.

Where do you store your layers pellets and do they attract mice etc?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Got my plastic dustbins from Wilkinsons...the lids screw on :D

One is filled with pellets the other with poultry spice, rubber gloves, garlic powder etc. They are stored next to the hen house within the free ranging area.

Recently bought a large plastic container with a lid from Ikea for ex batt crumbs...very cheap but good quality :clap:

They all work very well...no probs with mice or rats so far :pray:

Got my plastic dustbins from Wilkinsons...the lids screw on :D

Sounds like the ones i use, red with a blue screw on lid? I have three of them, stored inside a plastic garden bench/storage thing in the WIR, no probs so far ..... well, apart from the day i left the lid off and came back to find one of my stupidest (or cleverest,) chickens in it scoffing away! :lol:

Plastic bin with metal clips, bought from a cheap hardware shop (you know the sort of thing, plastic goods all over the pavement outside). It just holds a 25kg sack, and although I have mice in the garage the bin seems to have been sufficient to withstand them.