susanbb

Flying the Flag

Will any of you like me be sitting in their front room on Saturday with your little waving flag at Eurovision. Maybe I'm sad, but I do enjoy it. It's such a laugh. :D Not really to be taken seriously, but well worth watching for Terry Wogan's acid tongue and humour :wink:

Boom bangabang and Congratulations :P

Susan :D

Will any of you like me be sitting in their front room on Saturday with your little waving flag at Eurovision. Maybe I'm sad, but I do enjoy it. It's such a laugh. :D Not really to be taken seriously, but well worth watching for Terry Wogan's acid tongue and humour :wink:

Boom bangabang and Congratulations :P

Susan :D

Let's hope he doesn't mess it up as he did so spectacularly when Skootch or whatever they call themselves won the selection round.

They are not camp enough for me! :lol:

Ah Christian, you may be our only hope of getting some points then

Have you got plenty of pennies for the phone calls??

:wink:

I shall be sat around my tele on Thursday for the semi-final and then settle down again on Saturday night for the biggie.

So I have learned the dance routine to Flying the flag and it's also playing on the phone when I want to wind people up

And as for Terry - Priceless :lol:

Listening to some of the other entrants this year it looks like Poland could do well - a very catchy popular sound (for UK taste anyhow) and Turkey has a similarly sounding song to most years so it should do well ...... again :roll:

Still we shall see what happens!!

A

xx

:dance: You think watching it is sad - I've organised a Eurovision party at our local pub!! Everyone has to pick a country out of a hat which they will then "represent" so they have to sing along, dance along to "their" entry, we're puttiing a £1 each into the kitty and the person with the "winning" country gets the pot! Fancy dress, food, and - the saddest bit of all - I am currently building a "SHRINE TO TERRY WOGAN" which will have pride of place uder the screen!!! :shock::shock::dance::dance::dance:

Mrs B

I bet you know it too -

NO!

:liar::liar::liar::lol:

*mental note - must get uniform cleaned for Saturday*

(And I managed to smuggle a couple of trolleys off my last Edinburgh flight)!! :wink:

Edited by Guest

I shall be watching! And OH will be there with his spreadsheet set up to record all the scores! How sad are we - but it's great fun!

me and hubby LOVE eurovision.....terry is SO funny..we watch it just for him!

I have been thinking of organising a Eurovision party and doing food from the singing nations as a buffet.....maybe next year as it would take some planning.....oh and everyone would have to dress up from a certain nation picked out from a hat. :lol:

Cant wait for sat night ....BBQ, beers and then eurovision....fab!

Thanks for that link Andrew, I'd not heard the song properly before. That song is so dreadful though that it's almost good, and all those double entendres :shock::shock::roll: Will Europe get it though :? , I really can't see it doing well, even if it has got a catchy tune and a synchronised dance routine.

Anyway, we've not got enough poitical allies to win Eurovision these days, so what the heck.......... we might as well get a laugh out of it as we surely won't be getting any trophies :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go Scooch 8)

I might even remember to watch it this year :wink:

Mrs Bertie, pity I don't live anywhere near your pub - your Eurovision themed night sounds great :D:D

I LOVE Eurovision! :D Can't wait to watch this weekend....we were supposed to be going to visit OH's family so was worried that I would miss it :shock: but the visit has now fallen through (not my fault...honest! :shh: ) so it's the Eurovision Cheese-fest all the way yippee!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ah Daz Sampson (was that his name) I think that there was a load of dirty old men watching last years MYMU that swayed the voting :lol::roll:

well as long as Scooch sing in tune they can do no worse than Gemini

Although I remember watching/hearing something after the event where they removed the backing track and they were singing in tune - just not to the backing track

It gave them credibility that they had no sound in their earpiece when they started singing that then put them off....read into any political reasons if you see them!

I think that it will do ok - may not win, but would be so great if they did :pray:

Still it's the Semi Final tomorrow night!!

A

xx