welovemarmite

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 3!

Hi All

thanks for cuprinol link I have been daydreaming all week as to what colour to paint WIR I think i'm going to go with 'dusky gem'

So...

Base for is laid

run is ordered...was supposed to be delivered from pet pens 4 u on friday. waited in all friday but no delivery. I got call at 4.30 from company, saying couriers have been trying to call all day but i hadn't answered!!! but run has been damaged anyway :evil::evil:

So WIR has to go back to company to assess damage

phone call was promised on saturday with assessment of damage and estimate of time taken to repair and new delivery date. NO PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!

NOT impressed with these guys. spent a lot of money but still no WIR ...wish i'd gone with avaries 4 u they seem to have lots of good feedback from you guys.

i'm so :x

Yes, I've heard that 'avaries 4 u' are the company to go with. I hope all is sorted now for you hl050.

hopingforchickens you only have one day to wait :D

(Just thought, why am I so interested in a thread entitled 'We're all planning walk in runs!' as I don't have one. :doh: My chickens just FR all over my garden - and hoof and mess. I think that I'm secretly wish fulfilling as one day I'd so love to have enough garden to be able to split off a goodly amount as a WIR :pray: )

Hello

WIR update still no run :(

i've got one lot of ex-batts in a (green eglu) and 4 more chooks that were due for the chop in a rabbit hutch - so im okay in the summer as they have the whole of the bottom of the garden/mud pit but come the winter they need to be in a fox proof run as i leave for work in the dark and come home in the dark ( as do all of us - i guess) so i'm okay for a while yet.

So my base is laid but no run to put on it :(

Sorry for cryptic post, was in a rush! :lol: It arrived right at the end of the delivery window, so I'd been pacing up and down all day with 6 kids in the house (I'm a childminder). For some reason the corrugated plastic roof, instructions, hinges and bolts for the gate are all coming on a separate pallet :evil: (Can you tell I used the same supplier as hl050?!). I still haven't heard from him as to when they are coming, but in the mean time I'm trying to stay positive as I have more than enough to keep myself busy for the time being. I'm SO pleased I chose Willow to paint the run with it looks beautiful :D . My friend and I set about the first round of painting last night, and didn't stop till 12am :shock: . Much to my relief it looks like we did a good job in the dark! :lol: I got up at 6.30 and continued the painting this morning, as I'm going camping this weekend. The run will start being put up sometime towards the middle to the end of next week, so I still hava a bit of time to get myself sorted. I'm taking lots of pictures, so will post them all when we are done.

oh dear, im rather worried now as ive just ordered a WIR from Pet Pens 4 u via ebay, the guy was very quick to send replies to my queries via ebay so i was quite confident that id made the right decision- maybe not though now?? he said he would ring when it was ready and i could specify a delivery date. not sure whether that will happen now having read the more recent posts on here. are you both happy with the quality of the WIRs now they have eventually arrived??

Hayleybug, the best advice I can give is not to plan anything around the delivery of your run! :lol:

I had the same issues last year with mine. The quality is good once you get it but the customer service definitely leaves something to be desired. When I finally got mine it had the wrong size roof panels and rather than wait for him to send replacements I bought some myself. I got refund eventually, it took about 3 weeks I think.

Saying that, I am pleased with the run and the girls like it too! :D

well thats a bit comforting that the quality is good, but both me and OH work full time- he can work from home sometimes so banking on him doing that for the delivery day. he'll be in an awful mood if i get home and it hasnt arrived! eek! well, fingers crossed they might have improved by the time they get to mine. slightly worried that although I said i would put the eglu on a table outside so wanted the pop hole on the upper bit of the panel, he didnt ask what height (not got the table yet tho so i guess i can work with whatever turns up!).

d7581217.jpg

step 1 was to level out with the soil and gravel left from the rockery that was built by the previous owner.

c11e3eb9.jpg

this was the finished article we used brick from the fireplace we removed from the house, and the bricks from inside the storage heaters we removed, also some flags a friend donated and the sandstone bricks were part of the original rockery.

0eb21c89.jpg

hadnt actually measured up to fit the compost bin in the corner, this was a happy accident that it fitted! the flags around the edge are to give access for cutting the hedges and now to the bin.

just waiting for the run to arrive now!

i hope these work, the instructions on the FAQ section relate to an older version of photobucket and I cant work out how to resize, so apologies if they are huge and if so can someone resize? thanks!

Well done Hayleybug and Hayleybug OH. It is all looking very neat ... but you'll have to keep that hedge cut if you are to get to your compost bin :wink:

(For re-sizing pictures from photobucket - load up your picture, then double click on it so you get just that one picture, hover your mouse near the top of your picture and a button saying 'resize' comes up. Select 320 x 240 and click the confirmation button when the 'are you sure' message appears. Then click on the IMG code box on the right which will copy the code that you can then paste (ctrl V) into your Omlet post. )

They look great, I can remember how excited I was getting my run. It's so easy afterwards, just don't overfill It with chickens :shameonu::shameonu::lol:

The trickiest think is planning the extension/different levels inside :lol:

Once you have it the rest is :?

they are both looking/sounding fantastic :D

Well done hopingforchickens Can't wait for your pictures too even though I know I'm gonna be hellish :mrgreen:

Sorry, if it's any consolation it's been incredibly stressful, and the run is far from up yet. There have been a few hiccups along the way so now my dad and I are putting the run up, which is going to take longer than originally planned. Hopefully by the end of next week it will all be beautiful - but we are going on our hols next weekend so the chooks will probably just stay at my friends till we get back now!!! :roll: