welovemarmite

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 3!

Hi, just a bit of an update, the run is up although it took a lot longer than we imagined! because there werent any instructions we didnt realise that the roof wouldnt fit properly if the sides werent attached inside of the front and back panels (if you see what i mean!). so we had to put it together and take it apart a couple of times to get it right!

there wasnt enough plastic (the pieces were from wickes i later found out and were 5'10" long for what turned out to be a 6'2" run!!). so we had to buy more plastic and we had to buy hinges for the egg collection door.

so all in all it took 2 sessions over the weekend to put it together. would have been soooo much easier if there had been pre drilled holes or instructions.

some of the screws had bad threads on them too so we couldnt use those.

ive got a bit more painting to do then i will post some pics, hopefully will get my chickens at the weekend if i get it all ready in time!

i requested a partial refund via ebay to cover the plastic and hinges, which he has actually agreed to immediately. if you are planning to buy a run from this guy then i would do it via ebay, but i actually wouldnt recommend the company sadly. the panels look nice when up but its just not worth the hassle- in fact i would recommend paying someone to put it up for you too!!

] You are lucky you have got it I ordered one on 3rd sep he phoned to say he had one in stock and it would be with me soon.he doesn't respond to emails or phone messages I then posted on his Facebook and he said it was being made! Am still waiting, in meantime got one from flytes of fancy it's amazing well worth the money and they are lovely to deal with

Edited by Guest

You are lucky you have got it I ordered one on 3rd sep he phoned to say he had one in stock and it would be with me soon.he doesn't respond to emails or phone messages I then posted on his Facebook and he said it was being made! Am still waiting, in meantime got one from flytes of fancy it's amazing well worth the money and they are lovely to deal with

yes that sounds about right- it took a month for mine to arrive (with the ebay ad stating up to 10 working days!!). dont blame you for going elsewhere i wish i had done now! any pics of your set up?

Warning - I have just had a thread I put in the 'nesting box' removed where I said I did not like a particular organisation and mentioned them by name. I was not told it was being removed. It has just vanished. I think we are not supposed to say derogatory things about a named organisation :think:

hmm thats weird, i wouldve thought this would have disappeared ages ago then, its a shame when you cant put an opinion across based on your experiences to try to help other people from making the same mistake you did! maybe if we all stand around and whistle no one will know we were here... :whistle:

Hi All

I would happily 'flame' about this guy - his company is a complete rip off - and I agree I don't want anyone else to end up in the same situation as many of us did.

I wish I could post on ebay too but I bought direct from him. :twisted:

Grandmashazzie I'm gald you got a lovvely WIR in the end i hope you didn't loose money with Chris from PETPENS.

Hi hopingforchickens

Yes my run is finished now and its gorgous :D thanks to my lovely hubby :D making up roof panels. It is painted forget me not blue and is housing my new (pink eglu) just waiting for sunday so i can clean my (green eglu) then all the girls can move in - i will def. take piccies. My mum is staying for the weekend i'll have to get her to cut the ribbon :lol:

I also did contact ebay and reported petpens anyway - i thought it couldn't hurt

Hi hopingforchickens

Yes my run is finished now and its gorgous :D thanks to my lovely hubby :D making up roof panels. It is painted forget me not blue and is housing my new (pink eglu) just waiting for sunday so i can clean my (green eglu) then all the girls can move in - i will def. take piccies. My mum is staying for the weekend i'll have to get her to cut the ribbon :lol:

I also did contact ebay and reported petpens anyway - i thought it couldn't hurt

I'm so glad it's finished, everytime I look at my run I've been feeling guilty about you! I didn't know you could do that with ebay, I may do the same! Really looking forward to your photos x :D

sept2012007_zpsbeb0a4f8.jpg

sept2012006_zpsf5c02edc.jpg

sept2012011_zpsecf67419.jpg

hope this has worked, finished at last (well except for the Eglu being put on a table inside). it looks pretty good now ive painted it in cuprinol shades 'muted clay'. bit disappointed as ive said before but at least its up now and hopefully it will last a couple of years at least!

chickens arent old enough to collect until the end of Oct so plenty of time to disinfect the eglu and get everything else set up ready.

p.s. i resized the pics on photobucket but they seem to have come up large again with bits cut off. i have no idea how to change that!!

Hayleybug it looks lovely :D I recognise the Muted Clay - one I considered! Hope your love of the run increases as the stress of ordering/assembling fades.

thanks h.f.c.! coming on here and having a good old moan and receiving some sympathy has definitely helped with the stress! i'll be over the trauma once ive got the girls and moved them in and it will have all been worth it then! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hl050

Okay all at long last i have managed to get photos uploaded, couldn't get on with photobucket but if you copy the link above it does work. Hayley bug gave me inspiration :) your run looks great

I hope you can see them, the 3 chooks are my new posh birds all orpington bantums. and as promised a piccie of mother at the opening ceremony :lol:

I must agree this thread has kept me sane whilst i was having WIR troubles but I am sooo pleased now.

Edited by Guest