Hi all,

Well its been a year of keeping chickens now and yes i want some more. I started with three but would like to increase that to about 6 or 8. However for this to happen i need a much larger run!

Ive seen on the internet a company called Bay Animal Housing and they have a walkin in run that would be just perfect for my chickens and garden. I was wondering if anyone has used them and how you fel their services was.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Doody

Yes, I bought WIR panels from them last year - we collected and assembled it ourselves. Very friendly, reliable and good value for money.

If you do a search of the forum, you'll find other threads on the subject :)

Oh cool, thank you for getting in touch!

How was the assembley? im not great at DIY you see - but if its a case of screwing the panels together im sure i would survive!!

Just to let you know i placed my order - got myself a nice 12ft x 9ft x 6ft walk in run/with roof which is plenty for my girls as i only have three Isa Browns at the moment.

It will be here tomorrow and chris has been really helpful. All i got to do now is construct it - help me!! ha ha.

Once its done i will be looking for inspiration from you guys on who to decorate it etc. Im going for an old USA type farm/barn theme - i guess time will tell how it looks!!

Excellent news! I look forward to seeing photos!!! :wink:

Photos!!! :eh:

I have to build it first - im terrible at DIY, so by the time i have finished it technology may have moved onto something better than photos ha ha.

Ill hopefully have it done by next week and ill put pics on as soon as i can!

i have just put my WIR up from bay animal housing up easy to do and the service from chris was great i am trying photo bucket for the first time so hope to show you some piccies soon

john

Cool! Im just about to put the roof on which is a tricky job when alone.

Starting to drive me nuts!! ha ha.

This is mine from Bay we installed it ourselves, came as panels. The extra roof over the cube my OH made. :D

omletstock2001.jpg

Absolutely love your run, am spending the whole afternoon at work dreaming of a WIR, instead of doing what I should be doing!! :oops: May I ask the size of yours and did you paint it yourselves, its really super. Thanks Dee x

Thanks Dee,

It's 10ft 9ins x 7ft 6ins, strange size to fit the space available so had to send Chris diagrams and measurements. We painted it cuprinol green think it was forest green but am tempted to experiment with other colours :lol: hope OH doesn't read that :anxious::anxious:

Thanks Plum, its really super. We have an awkward little space with our cube and 3m run extension that leads onto quite a bit of free ranging for our girls. Would like to swap the cube run which is impossible to get into unless you are 3' tall or want to kneel in chicken poop, wasn't sure if I could do a sort of bespoke thing. I have emailed them so will keep you posted. Once I work out how to post pics I will put some on and any advice or suggestions from anyone would be very welcome.

Dee x

It is good having a run after managing the cube run for so long and it's good to give the girls more space.

Let us know what you are planning then and always happy to chip in a few ideas. It took ages planning mine and deciding which way to have it and where to put the cube inside or outside and all that and it was only when the ground was prepared that I made a final decision and am really happy with what I've got. So if OH reads this as well. Thank you OH :lol:

I think I have added some pics Plum, let me know what you tbhink and what you would do if you were me. Thinking about a WIR around or against the cube somehow? Sorry for boring you with these, have sorted how to add them to photo bucket but not how to pick out only 1 or 2 to show everyone.

The garden on the whole is a work in progress so apologies if its looks a bit shabby grass wise! :lol::oops:

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i425/webstertowers/

Did you mean this area

009.jpg

You've got about 9 chickens so I would make it 10sq metres +

You could fit a good run in there from the tree going to end but depends how big you want it. If you don't mind moving the shed you could make it 2m x 5m

Edited by Guest