Yep thats the bit, thought about maybe moving the shed and substituting the cube run for a walk in run then keeping the rest as it is with the omlet netting as the girls roam the garden in its entirety when someone is around which is most of the time. The garden is wider than it is long so has quite a big of free ranging space. Thanks for your input.

My WIR is done - however im just waiting for six more corrugated panels to arrive!!

The WIR is excellent - very good quilty timber and wire. However i could of done with a couple of instructions as im about an inch out on the roof, but it still is great. However im terrible at DIY so im just proud i have managed to build it.

Ive put a tree post in the middle of the run to give it more strength as when the snow comes i can see the weight causing a problem. My run is 12 x 9 x 6.6 so a nice size.

I only have three Isa Browns in there at the moment, they think its all theirs ha ha. However there will be new arrivals in coming weeks so be interesting to see what happens with a few more girls!!

Ill post a pic when its finished - looking good so far though. Chris was very helpful and continuing to be helpful at Bay Animal Housing too!

But Doody we need to see it as it progresses :lol:

Oh blimey - really?!?!?!

Ok, ill take a photo later and post it up on here! Do i use photobucket or something to upload as last time i did a photo on here it was HUGE!!

Let me get some coffee down me and ill see what i can do!!

we have tried to add different areas to our WIR too-only had them just over a week and theyre going up and down ladders and onto strong branches we have fastened to the side (on hanging basket brackets) I havent put the latest additions on my flickr pics yet but there are some pics of my run on already..have fun-i'm sure you will!!

we have tried to add different areas to our WIR too-only had them just over a week and theyre going up and down ladders and onto strong branches we have fastened to the side (on hanging basket brackets) I havent put the latest additions on my flickr pics yet but there are some pics of my run on already..have fun-i'm sure you will!!

Ohhh hanging baskets - never thought of that, great idea!! Ive found my lead so will post my WIR in a bit!

Ok, my second attempt to add pics!!

First pic is close up - second pic is a distance shot so you can see where it is located in garden. The chicks are only in pen when we are out etc. They do have a lot of time wondering about and enjoying life!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/mark_doody/chick1f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/mark_doody/chick2f.jpg

Good looking run, well done! When posting links to photo's, if you want the picture to apear within your post you need to surround the link with an 'Image Tag'. This is done using one of the little grey buttons titled 'Img', which you'll find above the area where you type your message.

Also, you don't really want a picture that's bigger than 480x360 pixels in size. Your pictures are quite big (1147x1311 and 2402x1802), so I've made them hyper-links below, which if you click, will open as a full-size picture in a new browser window.

Hope this helps

Andrew

First pic is close up - second pic is a distance shot so you can see where it is located in garden. The chicks are only in pen when we are out etc. They do have a lot of time wondering about and enjoying life!!!

Good looking run, well done! When posting links to photo's, if you want the picture to apear within your post you need to surround the link with an 'Image Tag'. This is done using one of the little grey buttons titled 'Img', which you'll find above the area where you type your message.

Also, you don't really want a picture that's bigger than 480x360 pixels in size. Your pictures are quite big (1147x1311 and 2402x1802), so I've made them hyper-links below, which if you click, will open as a full-size picture in a new browser window.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Brill thanks, not so up on the tech stuff. I tried it first time and all you could see was a corner of the pic due to their size ha ha! Thanks for you help anyway, much appreciated!!

Brill thanks, not so up on the tech stuff. I tried it first time and all you could see was a corner of the pic due to their size ha ha! Thanks for you help anyway, much appreciated!!

No problem, glad to help. You create hyper-links using the little grey button titled 'URL', which you'll also find above the area where you type your message. Just mark the text and press the button. Cheers, Andrew

Atsw - just looked at your fab 'building a WIR' pictures in your signature. It looks like you started with aubiose & then moved to woodchip - if so, why ? Debating which to use you see :)

Actually, I now just use aubiose, the bark chip didn't work out as planned :?.

I was worried that aubiose would stick to the bottom of wet shoes as people entered and left the WIR and would then get trodden all over the garden and into the house. So, I thought, ah, put bark chip by the door :D. This worked well to start with, until the chooks decided they liked the bark chip spread liberally all over the WIR, at which point I was back to aubiose being trodden around the garden and house.

So, I abandoned bark chip and now just use aubiose, with a rubber door mat just outside the WIR for feet cleaning on exiting the WIR :clap:.

Andrew