redfrock

A few words ....

I have been reading the forum far too much over the last few rainy days but have rarely posted in reply to some of the threads (normally because I am at work and having to be careful!)

I feel bad generalising here but I promise the sentiments are heartfelt

To those who have had their first eggs laid - congratulations! :dance: It is a wonderful feeling and I know I am still getting excited over every single egg laid, one month on. This forum are right about the 'egg dance' :lol: I think we all do it - some of us intentionally and some of us without realising it :)

To those who have just got their new girls, whether additions or complete newbies - wahay! Aren't these little creatures just fab. They seem to brighten up even the saddest moments and dullest days

To those with poorly chooks, I am keeping everything crossed that they will get well, and hope the worry soon passes :pray:

To those who have recently lost one of their girls I am sending you big hugs and hope the sadness passes

And finally to all the forum members - I can honestly say this is probably the friendliest forum I have ever visited! Thank you for advice when I have needed it, a jolly good giggle and just the general chit chat that makes this such a good place to pop into. :P

Thanks so much Redfrock! After having such a sad day, with the loss of Marigold, your words have just about summed up exactly how I feel about the forum, and about hen keeping!! It's so great to be able to chat to like-minded people and get such support.

Here Here Redfrock!

I agree it is so hard to keep up with all the postings sometimes and a very big well done to all those regulars who respond to everyone's queries and post their feelings so that everyone feels welcomed and involved (it's all about inclusiveness in the end :wink: )

I know that I for one am guilty of whizzing through the chicken clinic section when my girls are fit and healthy but being eternally grateful to all those regulars who enthusiastically read, respond, advise and console, during the more difficult times :clap:

I agree that this is the best forum on the web :D I have yet to find one that works as well and is so consistently my cup of tea (ooh tea - yes please - thanks Sheila :wink: ) whilst we all have our own views on things we do all seem to share a similar ethos and our shared love of hen-keeping seems to be a good bond - unlike other forums I can't think of anyone whose posts I find annoying, offensive, banal etc

We're all fab! :dance:

:D hehe YES! I used to contribute to a horsey forum but man oh man the ego problems there just drove me away ( my OH is constantly pointing out to me how obnoxious horse people are) but this is a great place with genuine folk - I guess unlike in the horse world, people dont get chooks to make themselves look classy/wealthy/knowledgable. Everyone seems so down to earth, I've only been here a short while but it has been a total pleasure.

What lovely sentiments redfrock, adn so true.

I'd be lost without this forum, its great that there's always someone to talk to and we do all share a common bond. It gets very wearing talking to the mums at school sometimes, who think i'm bonkers for having chickens and an allotment :x , and i don't know anyone else here as i'm not originally from Leicestershire. You lot keep me sane :D

I too am very grateful for all the help and tips I have been given off this forum. Although I had been thinking of getting some chickens for a while I can honestly say I don't think I would have dared to take the plunge so to speak if I hadn't first discovered this site.. So from me and my three girls a great big thankyou too. a020.gif