poachedegg Posted June 1, 2011 Share Posted June 1, 2011 Great news! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GeorgieB Posted June 1, 2011 Author Share Posted June 1, 2011 Thanks! I will def post some pics, even though I am rubbish at taking them. I have video on youtube somewhere of when we had 10. I will have to put the link to it on. Sophie's just told me she has one left, once the 2 come to me, who has a broken wing, poor thing. So I may end up having her as well if she can't keep her permanently. My fella is gonna love me think I might be pushing my luck here. This battery farm she rescued them from is closing down and they have just under 10,000 hens who will go to slaughter each month until they're all gone, unless homes are found. I heard that Little Hen Rescue in Norfolk managed to rehome that many, but that is a massive amount. If only I had a few acres... I'd have the lot! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poppy ben grace Posted June 1, 2011 Share Posted June 1, 2011 You just have to have the one with a broken wing! If you explain the situation to your oh i am sure he will understand! Just tell him how brilliant he is for putting up with the hens etc,etc, he will soon come round! I too would take all the hens if i had the room. Such a waste. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted June 1, 2011 Share Posted June 1, 2011 What a dilemma If a lot of very healthy girlies are going to be slaughtered then perhaps the one with the broken wing should not take priority ... or perhaps she should as she has clearly suffered poor wee thing Four would be a nice round number (4 that is, including Pokey) and 3 extras is surely about the same as 2 . . . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GeorgieB Posted June 1, 2011 Author Share Posted June 1, 2011 Yeah, I know what you mean cheaky. It's really tough when you think about all those girls. I have told my man though that if we take the 2 girls there would be one poor ickle hennie with a broken wing left on her lonesome if we don't take her too, and that "Ooops, word censored!"ody else will want her and she'll be doomed to live the rest of her life in Sophie's conservatory...That obviously did the trick! Hehehe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GeorgieB Posted June 2, 2011 Author Share Posted June 2, 2011 Sophie has decided to keep the girl with the broken wing but thinks another girl would benefit from coming home with me instead. She's called Tiny and she looks adorable! I've been sent a couple of pics of her but not sure how to put them on here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GeorgieB Posted June 2, 2011 Author Share Posted June 2, 2011 Here's the pic of Tiny - Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chicken bark Posted June 2, 2011 Share Posted June 2, 2011 Tiny is beautiful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dancing cloud Posted June 2, 2011 Share Posted June 2, 2011 Aaww! Tiny's gorgeous! Just look at that little face She'll definitely benefit from coming home with you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poppy ben grace Posted June 2, 2011 Share Posted June 2, 2011 Poor little angel, is it me or has she been de-beaked? it breaks my heart to see them. The look in her little eye, like shes lost the will... Thank goodness she has found a lovely home with you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GeorgieB Posted June 2, 2011 Author Share Posted June 2, 2011 Yeah she has poppy. It looks like they have taken more off hers than most as it looks very stubby. All battery hens are de-beaked before going into the cages to prevent wounds when they peck each other out of boredom. A very painful process I hear, poor things. Like being shoved in a cage isn't enough! Sophie tells me she's being bullied by all the others at the moment and is very timid and undernourished. I wish I could collect her now! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted June 2, 2011 Share Posted June 2, 2011 Bless her, she is so appealing. She's going to have a great life with you and thrive, can't wait to see the changes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
majuka Posted June 3, 2011 Share Posted June 3, 2011 Bless her, Tiny is gorgeous, I'm so excited for you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted June 3, 2011 Share Posted June 3, 2011 Poor little Tiny. It's dreadful what they have done to her beak. Will she be able to eat normal chicken food? She looks such a little alien s"Ooops, word censored!"let with her poor skinny naked neck and her dull eye I am glad you will be taking her home and really look forward to seeing her progress Well done to you and your soft hearted OH Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GeorgieB Posted June 10, 2011 Author Share Posted June 10, 2011 (edited) Hi Cheaky Chook, have only just seen your message. Tiny eats fine and I'm pleased to see has a really good appetite, as she needs fattening up. Just thought I'd put this link on to anyone who is interested in seeing photos- http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78626&start=15 Edited June 10, 2011 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cathybc Posted June 12, 2011 Share Posted June 12, 2011 Bless her. So glad she will have some love x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...