gongladosh

The story behind your username...

Mine is just what a friend used to call me at school. He even wrote it in the dirt on my first (white) car - it wouldn't wash out so I had to t-cut the entire bonnet! Made the name stick in my mind anyway.

Stacey = Stoice (It rhymes with voice btw)

Mine's my real name. I use it quite a lot on the internet because it reminds me to be nice, and not to say anything I wouldn't say in public as people can be quite easily identified by those they know anyway, even if they think they are anonymous. And as it is quite an unusual name it is usually available when I sign up to things!

My name does come with a story attached though. When my Mum was pregnant they couldn't think of a name, and some colleagues of hers were going up to Scotland on a job, so she asked them to bring some names back with them! 30-odd years later I moved up to Scotland and for the first time started to meet people with the same first name as me. Something clearly got lost in the translation as the name is usually spelt Kirsteen up here, however both variants are much more common in Scotland than England.

My parents' imagination must be really poor, because I haven't got a middle name or any siblings, so they only ever had to think of one name!