j00lz_12366

already posted on 'little thread'.. a missing pet*found*

2nd day of missing cat-he was in the back on monday morning-sitting in the sun, he's generally an indoor cat but goes in the back..

less than an hour laterwhen o/h got up there was no sign of him, but he thought he'd found a cosy corner and was asleep...not been seen since

the gate was locked from the inside-no scratches where it'd been climbed over..we've turned house upside down and still cant find him..

ivew printed posters and flyers at school, we have leafleted nearby houses and put posters in shops etc..rung RSPCA and local vets..

had 1 call from someone who thought they'd seen him-they went back and were calling him when we got there but there was no sign..(turned out to be an ex-pupil of mine and his mum and dad were desperate to help)

leafleting again this evening around the area where they thought they saw him-they got the leaflet from grandmas house which is on our street..

it's like he's just vanished and I dont know what to do, keep feelig I should have known there was something wrong-but he looked fine washing himself in the sun

god bless slinky,x

He may well turn up still. My cat Dave disappeared for about 3 days when he was about 1. I remember crying thinking that was it, I'd never see him again but next thing I knew, he strolled in as if nothing had happened. He has a habit of going in other peoples houses so I think he might have got trapped. This could be the case with your cat.

I'll keep everything crossed for his return.

Sorry to hear that your cat is still missing.

If you do leaflet (yet) again, asking people to check their sheds, suggest you put in a plea to the effect of:

"PLEASE take a look in your shed/garage, even if you believe there is no way he will be in there"

Leaflet recipients often think the cat won't be in their shed, so they don't bother to look.

My boy went missing a few years back, from the Friday evening through to the Monday when I realised the one place I hadn't looked - yup he was shut in a neighbour's van, silly boy. I now shut him in when van's come round, whether it's deliveries or even the RAC on a homestart visit :roll:

I hope Slinky's just been nosey and is shut in somewhere.

VERY quick update:

i was woken lastnight by my other half poking me-thought it was cos I'd left the radio on ...but no.."look who's back!" it was 2.30 am and he'd just walked in and got on the bed! He was very scruffy-full of brambly twigs and leaves..and a slug! but fine...we're just so happy he's back we havent stopped feeding him yet!!!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and posts!!

here's my favourite picture of the dirty stop out, taken in his favourite mint bush!

Slinky in the mint Summer 2010

Edited by Guest

it is..we're both so happy, theyre like our little 'family'..very sad I know!

Not sad at all! I feel exactlly the same about my menagerie! :D

Glad hes back albeit with slug on your bed :lol:

Oh, the times I've been enjoying a cuddle with one of my cats only to come across a soggy slug matted in their fur... somewhat ruins the moment :vom:

tut! naughty boy - putting you through that...glad he is home though :D:D

our piperkit stayout out all night sometimes :evil: she usually yells at the bedroom window to be let in...guess who gets up at 4am to let her in and gives her some food :roll: hmm, like she will learn :lol:

i love the slug news :lol: did you pick it off to show him? did he have a good look at it :lol: (thats what piperkit does :vom::lol: )

cathy

x

Glad hes back albeit with slug on your bed :lol:

Oh, the times I've been enjoying a cuddle with one of my cats only to come across a soggy slug matted in their fur... somewhat ruins the moment :vom:

We managed to just pull it off without it hitting the bed!

A few weeks ago I found what I thought was the remains of a burst abcess at the base of his tail...you can see where this is going...it was a mummified slug..a HUGE one! :cry: I had to cut it out..he wasnt happy, think he was saving it..!

Just caught up with this thread. So glad Slinky came back :-) He's a beautiful cat.

he really is beautiful- i dont particularly like the breed and we would never have chosen them as pets but they were a rescue from a near neighbour who couldnt cope with them..had to be completly shaved under a gen anaesthetic to get them back to unknotty..theyre great characters tho and i'd never be without them now..altho he is the grumpiest cat i have ever known, doesnt so much 'meow' as go 'meh!!' and he sticks his chin out when you tickle him which we joke is him doing his brucie impression...see i told you, totally mad!