My OH singed my lawn when he was burning some clippings one night and it's the best mistake he ever made, the chooks use it all the time to dustbathe in - I don't think the grass will be coming back any time soon! I also add mite and lice powder to it once a week so that they self medicate :)

mine get the old playsand when I swap the sand in the sand pit - I then top it up with fresh sand from time to time...... I also add half a bag of potting soil (usually has dried up in the sac after Ive potted the veg)

they seem to be happy enough with it

I forgot to mention I also add mite powder to the concoction

I also made mine a dust bath using clean play sand in an old washing up bowl - nothing, no interest, just looked at me as though "If you think we're going near that.......". They are in a WIR on dirt so make their own baths, flinging it in the air and goes in their water but they like it :roll:

Mine have a wide low flower pot. I went on the hunt for some clayish time soil whilst out in the countryside..... I top it up regularly and also add diatom powder... they love it and my lawn is still intact so its doing its job!