Cinnamon

The X Factor 2011

Anyone else watch it this weekend past?

Not sure at all about the new judges - Kelly is as dull as they come,although I did like Gary & Tulisa didn't seem too bad either.

HATED that blonde wailing creature - the one who is in all the papers at the moment,as she is said to have been 'placed' in the show rather than go through auditions.

LOVED Janet, the sweet Irish girl. Her voice & rendition of 'Your Song', made the hairs on the back of my neck stick up. just beautiful.

The blokey who got cross made a right fool of himself too :roll:

I do rather miss Simon.......

I only came into the X Factor last year, but I thought Saturday's show was good, I liked the new judges, Gary B will make a good Simon replacement and the 2 girls seemed to do well too.

I loved the Irish girl and so did my DS he wants to marry her, she is very much his type. :D

I could have done without the wailing puking lady from Hong Kong :shock:

I hated Kitty, she was so false, like Tara Palmer Tomkinson, but without her style (not that I like her much either) I am ashamed to say that she is from my home town and the local rag is full of her. Aparently she found boot camp tough, hopefully she will crawl off from where ever she came from.

I really liked it. I see what you mean about Simon though - just not the same :?

I like Kelly and Tulisa, and I love the way Tulisa had a go back at that bad attitude guy 8)

That arrogant blonde :evil: She was annoying but really does have a good voice (some home recordings were on youtube)

I'm not sold yet on the new judges... But it is early days yet!

And I hate the way the audition shows don't show that many auditions - it's all competition details, and pointless shots of lots of hopefuls, and long advert breaks.. If you record it and fast forward all the adverts and pointless bits there isnt much left to watch!!

The blokey who got cross made a right fool of himself too

DD and I were at the O2 watching the live show when this guy came on. It was soooooo staged. Quite ridiculous! :lol:

We also went to see a friend audition at the Excel centre on Mother's day. She had already got through 1 audition at the O2 a couple of weeks previously, then 2 more auditions at Excel. They told her they would let her know in 4 weeks, but she didn't hear anything for about 12 weeks and finally got a 'NO' e mail on the last day of the live London auditions. A bit mean I thought.

I love the show and will be watching it avidly. Much prefer the new girl judges to Danni and Cheryl (although I had never heard of them before they became judges :oops: ). Garry was great, but it's not QUITE the same without Simon.

I miss Simon. Mmm mm mmmm. :wink: Thought Gary was a good judge, just wish they'd bring back Sharon Osbourne.

Loved Janet - gorgeous version of ' your song'. Hated the over confident blonde who thought she was already famous & was signing autographs! Quite liked the lad with the tattoos on his bum. :lol:

The Hong Kong lady was awful & I think she'd benefit from a larger bra! :shock:

Look forward to what the next few weeks have in store for us.

Emma.x

OMG....I know Johnny Robinson,the camp chap in the white....used to knock about and get drunk with him all the time in my youth.

He does the best Boy George impression in the world,and was on that show stars In their eyes.

Hope he does well,bless him....he still owes me a tenner!

Back after watching last nights show..........so glad that Terry,the Tony Hadley-a-like, got through despite his performance.

Same with my old mate Johnny :P:P:P

I still love Jade & Janet (she is just adorable!),the girl who looks like Christina Aguleria,& that boy John Wilding,who is amazing.

You are right,there are some brilliant people in there this year,but I could seriously do without Goldie & that peroxide blonde piece of work in the flashing leotard :roll:

Oh, & when did Gary Barlow suddenly become hot?

Edited by Guest

I think that there are a lot of people who are seeing Gary in a new light on X Factor :wink: , he is being honest and direct like Simon Cowell but is a whole lot more likeable and better looking.

OH told me yesterday when he was going through the papers that Goldie has dropped out, the reason given 'that she was being treated as the comedy act and freak show' :shock: excuse me but didn't she set herself up as just that right from day one? :?

As for Kitty who aparently is from my home town well don't even get me started :roll:

It was ridiculous putting Goldie through over other talented singers. Why do they have to put novelty acts through :evil: -and Kitty :roll: this years Katie Waisell - what's the point other than to annoy us all. She can sing but there is zero likeability factor. I love Kelly (secretly want to be her) but don't find Tulisa credible as a judge however hard I try. I struggle now that I know that some of these people have been actively scouted :(

I like the new judges, still find Louis annoying though. I too love Kelly she has so much enthusiasm and isn't too false, I am fine with Tulisa, she had to come up the hard way so she can relate to the contestants without bing too celebrity like, Cheryl Cole was far too false and diva like. Gary has experience and success and they all make a good humoured mix.

I agree - Jade,John Wilding,Terry & The Keys all deserved places, whereas that daft Kitty thing most certainly did not.

I have heard 2 rumours....

1: There will be a Wildcard selection made by all judges,like last year.

2: The judges will NOT mentor the category they have been given,but a different one instead :shock:

2: The judges will NOT mentor the category they have been given,but a different one instead :shock:

My children think this is going to happen too as there was quite a thing made of how much each judge loved their category before the 'big twist' was mentioned. I really hope not as no one else deserves the acts that Louis has put through. How on earth could he have put Goldie through. The man's an idiot and it spoils the whole thing having comedy acts and people like Kitty in the show. MIL phoned me half way through last night's episode to say that she was going to turn off if anyone else cried...'appen she didn't watch much of the second half :lol:

I just don't get the Irish girl at all. How could she have been chosen over Jade, especially after the tearful carry on by Kelly at Jade's audition.

The Irish girl, who must be the youngest 'Janet' in the universe, just sounds as if she has a bad case of tonsillitis, to me. *shrugs*.

There are plenty in the finals that I cannot stand. At this early stage my money would go on Misha Bryan at 12/1. Ladbrokes & Coral go 1/4 the odds first three so she'll do for an each way bet.

My five year old was horrified by the sight of Frankies bum in his audition, she agrees that he needs a haircut and a belt to hold up his silly trousers.