Taylor94

Male or Female

Hi we have this bantam that we are not sure whether it is male or female. It is 20-22 weeks old and it was sold to us as a female mille fleur bantam.It has wing feathers that look like hen wing feathers and there is no sign of spurs or any crowing yet. It is twice the size of our Pekin Bantam hen and it is still chirping like a chick.It doesn't look anything like a mille fleur that i have seen pics of on the web it doesn't seem to have thwe splattering effect of colour.But looks more like a columbine.What do you think?

http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k608/Taylor040/

Millefleur is a colour and not a breed. There are a few breeds that come in the Millefleur colouring

It looks like a cross breed, you are right it looks a bit columbine but it looks like it has feathery legs? if so I'd guess that there may be a dash of Silkie in there somewhere too!

It does look male to me but I wouldnt like to say that 100%

I'd question it with the breeder and if its male and/or too big ask for a refund

Ooooh, s/he is the spit of one of my 12 week old chicks - the colour, markings, even down to the slightly spikey hair-do. Mine is def. a boy as he's been crowing for the last 4 weeks.

Can't help with the breed I'm afraid :oops: , the eggs were given to me by someone I met via freecycle and I was told they would all be 'bitzas'.

I'll post a picture of him tomorrow as my camera is at work at the moment.

Sorry, not really much help, I just can't believe the similarity.

Nicola

Here's my little chap..........sorry they are a bit out of focus but the little devil refused to keep still :D

DSCN1359.jpg

DSCN1369.jpg

DSCN1361.jpg

DSCN1363.jpg

I couldn't get a shot of his spikey hairdo as he kept turning away just as I hit the button.

Is it just me, or is there a very strong similarity between them.

Nicola

Nicola, what a lovely little hen. Any idea what he is :?: Are you sure he is a he :?:

I have absolutely no idea what he is as I was given the eggs by a chap who had a mix of birds together so I assumed they would all be 'bitzas'. He is a def. a boy as he has been crowing for the last four weeks now.

If Taylor94's chook is a girl perhaps we could get them together and start a new breed :lol:

Nicola

He is so pretty just like our (Taylor94 my daughter) Paxo who i am hoping with crossed fingers is a girl or hes gotta go as have quite a fussy neighbour.Wouldnt they just make the most gorgeous babies if ours is a girl :D .Paxo is nearly 22 weeks and still isnt crowing just chirping,not even a proper booook so really hoping she is a she.

If Paxo is not crowing at 22 weeks I guess it's a goood sign that she's a girl as my chap started at 8 weeks - although I'm no expert as this is my first hatch and first experience with chicks.

But you're right, they would make the prettiest of babies together :lol:.

Nicola.