chickencam

Tonics, what do you use?

I have 7 older girls who have pretty much been off lay since late summer, 1 has now been laying again for about a month. I accept that the rest of them won't lay until the spring now. I also have 4 young girls who are about 27 weeks old. Only one of them is laying most days and another is laying a couple of times a week, we have had a couple of 3 egg days but they have been rare and only one 4 egg day. My speckledy youngster is very pale, has her tail down a lot and spends most of the day sitting down. She is eating and drinking but sometimes the food is going straight through, but not always. She seems reasonably happy, she is just a little subdued compared to the others. I have been worming them this week just incase this is the problem and have bought some Nettex Tonic and some Apple cider vinegar this arrived this morning and have added it to the water of both groups.

I was just wondering what tonics other epople use.

I have had Lifeguard in the past and have used Total Moulting Solution on my older girls about 6 weeks ago and that definately improved feather regrowth, I used that for the recommended 30 days.