Lewis

Meet Sherlock + Alexander!...

We went to the Co Op to buy milk, went into Pets at Home just to have a look

... and now have 2 rabbits :D (... and no milk ;) )

Have said for ages I want a Uni rabbit but thought I should be sensible, then we saw this litter of 4 lops, 12 weeks old, up for adoption on Wednesday ;)

Went back the next day (yday) and bought their cage and everything and just the 1 rabbit ... I went back an hour later to adopt his brother! :lol:

Me+%252B+Sherlock.jpg

I have 1 and my housemate has another, living together atm but will be separated (and maybe neutered in a few months) to another cage. Housemate lives in Bulgaria so have offered to have them both over the holidays! :P

Sherlock.jpg

Mine's called Sherlock 'cos we live on Baker St ... don't know why he's called Alexander, he was going to be called BMW?! :roll:

Sherlock+%252B+Alexander.jpg

They are both boys (and I checked first ;) ) so no babies!

Got 2 doves and 5 fish here already.

Mabel came to Uni last year and may come back up for a few weeks after the National, will see closer to the time :D

Course I know theres a zoo in Borth, I worked there every Weds ;)

Landlord said we're allowed small pets and his office is downstairs so saw us walking in with them + he's fine with it ... not that it stopped me last year in halls! :angel:

I was in Varsity last night and now Emma! They still haven't sorted our internet so this is our WiFi ;)

Flatmate wants a parrot so she can teach it to say things! :roll::lol:

Couple more photos of Sherlock ... Just chillin' :lol:

sherlock+mini+lop+rabbit+lay+on+bed.jpg

sherlock+mini+lop+rabbit.jpg

I didn't think he'd grown a lot but looking at those photos he has!

Have bought him a 2 storey indoor rabbit hutch and he runs around my room a lot. Have taught him to stand up on his back legs but he only does it when people aren't in my room, or when they're stood at the door! :roll::lol:

2+storey+indoor+rabbit+hutch.jpg

Alex has a dodgy back leg which is slowly getting worse- it sticks out at a funny angle all the time, think theres a problem with his femur. He can still run around fine on it and doesn't seem like he's in pain though.

He went to the vet and she didn't know what was up so we're hopefully going on Weds to get some X Rays done, to see whats going on!

We were going to get them neutered but as they live in separate cages + just run around together they should be ok to leave unless they start fighting, apparently.

We were also going to get them vaccinated against Myxy and VHD but the vet said they're low risk being house rabbits so if it were her she might not do it... She also asked if we had cats or dogs (no) 'cos they can come in with fleas and bring Myxy in ... if we are going to get them vaccinated, leave it until May time when its at its highest risk anyway! :D

We were going to get them neutered but as they live in separate cages + just run around together they should be ok to leave unless they start fighting, apparently.

We were also going to get them vaccinated against Myxy and VHD but the vet said they're low risk being house rabbits so if it were her she might not do it... She also asked if we had cats or dogs (no) 'cos they can come in with fleas and bring Myxy in ... if we are going to get them vaccinated, leave it until May time when its at its highest risk anyway! :D

Don't risk it, House rabbits can still get myxy and VHD (sadly) even with no other animals around.

I have to take Ruby to a Rabbit vet in Bristol who recommends vaccinating even house rabbits every 6 mnths

against Myxy.

Both VHD and Myxi can be brought in on hay/food/clothes/toys, so I would get them vaccinated for VHD yearly and Myxi twice a year!