Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

My newest acquisition for getting fit. 'THE HOUR OF POWER ', it is quite a sweaty, exhausting DVD work out but honestly good fun and these are my main three reasons :

1. You get to watch a lovely looking bloke with an amazing body exercising on a beautiful mountain in the sun.

2. You get to watch a lovely looking bloke with an amazing body exercising on a beautiful mountain in the sun.

3. You get to watch a lovely looking bloke with an amazing body exercising on a beautiful mountain in the sun.

I think that is a fairly comprehensive review - buy and enjoy.

Good enough reason if I ever heard one. 8)

I'm in the sick bay again :roll: Honestly, getting old stinks. I had a minor rupture of my Gastroc (Gastrocnemius) a few weeks back and was nursing it after an osteopath session; the bruising and swelling had gone down and he'd recommended that I keep it moving GENTLY to maintain the full range of movement as it heals. On Saturday we went for a walk and I slid on some gravel on a slight incline, this was enough to rupture it more and I heard it 'pop'. Rosie and Phil each took a dog on their leads and helped me back down the hill. Luckily (strapped with Vetwrap which I keep in the car) I was able to drive back home with Phil following me in his car.

PosteriorLegStrain.gif

Strapped back up again with a heavy duty brace and under instructions to keep it moving, I am taking no risks now and being careful; I went to circuits last night and walked the running bits and didn't do any jumping at all and it was fine.

DM, i have done a similar injury from massaging dogs that refused to go on the massage couch.

I have just been to Elsa who has treated it and found that my patella was out and that's

why i probably injured it. She has popped it back in and I'm resting and doing a vascular flush on the muscle

and i will do it on the knee to.

Blimey, had forgotten this thread :oops:

Lost plenty of weight whilst looking after Rosie in hospital, the injuries got better too due to the enforced lack of hard exercise. Sad thing is that I was so tired that I comfort ate when we got back home, so I need to get a handle on that and be more disciplined. Seemed to spend most of my work day today racing up and down the stairs and lifting heavy boxes, that must count for something. :)

I'm still doing plenty of walking and doing Zumba once a week. Although now the dark nights are drawing in, there's not so many hours in the day to get out with the dog :( and it's also becoming more difficult to drag myself out to a Zumba class in the evening when I could be cosied up with a woolly blanket and a glass of wine instead :anxious: I shall have to be disciplined with myself over the next few months!

I don't deny that they are good, I just lack the time and motivation to do them at home when there are a million and one chores to be done. I set aside one hour a week, sometimes an extra 40 minutes on another day if I can get away, and attend circuit training or the gym. We are lucky in that our local sports centre is very reasonably priced and does brill deals for single parent families 8)

Just discovered this thread (took a while, I know!!) and was wondering whether there will be a 'fit for 2013' follow up... I could do with getting a bit fitter (and slimmer) and I'd happily join a thread to keep me motivated and offer encouragement...

For once, I didn't wait till early January to step on the scales and panic!! I started exercising and watching what I eat (not quite dieting, just being sensible) roughly ten days ago... I call it 'Xmas damage limitation'...