Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

I thought it might be an idea for those like me who are hoping to shed a few pounds to have a thread where you can put your highs and lows of what you want to achieve and how you are doing and some motivational words from other members.

I want to lose 2 stone before the end of the year and I am hoping to lose half a stone before my 30th birthday (12th feb) hmmm lets see.

I havent been to the gym in over a month, so i want to start the new year in a positive way. I am going to go swimming after work tuesday so i will get my gym bag together and put it in the car ready. I also want to have another go at Zumba at the gym but the class i had a few months ago was terrible, i am sure it was the instructor as so many people seem to like it.

I have to be honest though. The healthy eating wont start fully until the festive food has gone as i cant afford to waste food. Bar chocolates etc (which i dont like ) OH will make light work of those!

I want to start running again (had to give up last year due to plantar fasciitis :( ) and hopefully do the Edinburgh Half Marathon. Really need to lose between 1 and 2 stone too but can't seem to stop eating rubbish (the stack of boxes of chocolate aren't really helping :roll: ).

Have you tried Bodystep? I love it (apart from the current release which is rubbish :evil: ). Takes a while to get the hang of but it's a really good workout. I want to start going back to Zumba too - it's quite good fun although not as high impact as step.

great idea this :D:D

i want to lose weigh (huh? I always want to lose weight :roll::lol: ) so ill join you :D

I managed to lose nearly a stone and a half last year by planning my meals, and shopping for only what I needed, i found I also managed to save a fortune too as I wasnt impulse buying :D

thats the aim this year.

I run (well, trudge!!) too, i have been thinking of getting my bike out and also swimming (triathalon anyone :shock::lol: )

and due to car issues (?) I will be walking to work too :D

so, all in all, something should work really, shouldnt it :pray:

cathy

x

Have you tried Bodystep? I love it (apart from the current release which is rubbish :evil: ). Takes a while to get the hang of but it's a really good workout. I want to start going back to Zumba too - it's quite good fun although not as high impact as step.

Is that workout DVD? I did go to "step up" at the gym, i really liked it but stopped going. I think mainly because the class was quite late and i live half hour from the gym so didnt want to go home and out again. I think i might take a good book with me and sit in the cafe and read until the class as i did really like it.

I am also going to start using the Wii again, another fad that quickly died a death :roll:

I weighed some of my food out last year and successfully lost half a stone by doing this and more exercise. I was amazed how much excess calories I was consuming eg, breakfast, I was having a bowl of sultanan bran and toast...the cereal just by itself was nearly double the recommended amount...so I changed the bowl size to a smaller one and limited it to 30g, which was hard to start with , but I didn't starve!! I also weighed my self each day, which before I had heard you should only do once a week. However then if if you get "stuck" on one weight you have another whole week to achieve anything. So, weighing myself everyday worked for me. Will repeat this when we have eaten all the yummy food up to try to lose half a stone. Also, when on a losing wight mission, i still eat chocolate...just a couple of chunks each day...dark chocolate is good for you! :) Not to mention scrambled egg on toast which is a great nutritious meal! :)

I need to lose about 10 lbs to fit back into my cute jeans. I bought some ugly "mom jeans" from a thrift store to get me through in the meantime! I've been doing a Friday Zumba class for the past year, missing a few weeks when grad school got intense! I plan to add in another Zumba day this year and I have already started doing the elliptical machine with my husband since I graduated a couple of weeks ago! The Christmas cookies are gone and there are just some chocolates from my stocking to tempt me now! I need to weigh myself now. I hadn't had the nerve during Christmas, but maybe the extra workouts balanced out the additional treats! :|

No, it's a class at my leisure centre. It can be tricky finding classes that suit you, if you even live anywhere near a place that does them!

sorry ANH me being thick! It may be like my step class. Just wish it was a bit earlier as i would be hanging about for 2 hours after work, i may have to see if there is a lighter class before hand as i dont really fancy knackering myself out in the gym then doing quite a high impact class.

if people can reccommend classes they enjoy it would be very useful

I figure it costs me £600 a year i might as well use the thing

I need some motivation to lose a bit of weight (not sure how much yet as I am a bit scared to look at the scales). I lost over 2 stones about 2 years ago and have managed to keep most of it off, however in the past few months I have noticed that my clothes are tighter and I know I have eaten way too much over the hols :shock: I go to the gym regularly and particularly enjoy the aerobics, aerokick and pilates. So have booked up for the classes starting back again on Tuesday. I do know how to lose weight...cut carbs. That is how I lost the weight before. Basically cut out bread, pasta and reduce rice (if I eat these weight piles on :( ) have smaller cereal portions and eat lots of salmon/chicken and tomatoes. Also minimal alcohol and diet drinks as I think both make you want to eat more. I managed to lose weight doing this when I was not taking much exercise and I had lost all hope of ever seeing any weight I was happy with on the scales, putting the flab down to middle age spread that I could do nothing about. Anyway I just need spurred on to avoid those deadly carbs. Once OH is back to work I will set to but will need support :!:

You all sound really motivated so hopefully some will rub off on me. I'd like to join in :D I know I need to stop grazing on all the biscuits and chocs we get given at work and make time to make lunches so I'm not grabbing wedges of bread and cheese all the time.

I lost weight last year by using the heart foundation healthy eating plan so will read up on that again.

Started by taking a walk today, oh that hill did make me wheeze :?

Yes they are, which is handy as well as we have a metre of jaffa cakes in the dining room :D Though possibly not a metre's worth being low fat :( .

I would love to join you all please. I am not sure how much I have to lose - not visited the scales in a while - though it will be in excess of 2 stone. I would like to successfully do the C25K this year - baby steps and all that. For the last month myself and a friend have being meeting twice a week for an early morning run or in my case crawl. I know I haven't lost any weight yet as I've still been stuffing my face like there's no tomorrow but old habits die hard and it has been the wrong time of year to diet. I have done WW online in the past and will go back back to that in the next few days.

I have thought about getting zumba for the xbox, does anyone have it and if so is it any good?

I found the Zumba on the wii really hard to follow so more or less did m own version of it - I did get very sweaty but only did it once. I do have a dodgy knee though so am but cautious about making it worse. It is very high energy.

Should add I haven't really got off the sofa all day. I think I've got to start when the holiday is over. :roll:

Please can I join in too. I would like to lose a little but mainly I would like to get a bit fitter :D

My OH lost 8 stone and 3 lbs :shock: in 2011, he is like a new man :D:D one friend refers to him as my new husband :D:D he would like to lose a bit more weight this year too.

He lost half a pound over Christmas :shock::shock:

Good luck everyone :D

Chrissie

Glad to see so many people on board 8) Everyone is very welcome. Lets hope we can keep this going and be posting of our sucesses this time next year :D

Although foodwise i am still eating normal i may walk down the canal for an hour tomorrow before i clean out the girls. OH is walking up snowdon tomorrow, as i am on call i will be at home so would like to do something a little active.

I found the Zumba on the wii really hard to follow so more or less did m own version of it - I did get very sweaty but only did it once. I do have a dodgy knee though so am but cautious about making it worse. It is very high energy.

I have a weak right knee as well and exercises with lots of bouncing and squatting can irritate it. That's why I have added in days on the elliptical machine! I used to run because it really burns the calories, but it made my knee hurt. I've found the elliptical machine is lower impact and works my leg muscles more evenly so my knee doesn't get pulled out of alignment. I enjoy Zumba more, but if I do it exclusively, I do feel some knee soreness!

Count me in!

I need to lose *cough* stone as am going to be matron of honour at my stepdaughters wedding in April.

I also need to get fit - I have high blood pressure and had got it pretty much under control by losing a bit of weight and dog walking regularly. But I've only let things slip a little over christmas and it's through the roof again :roll: So I need to get much fitter and lose more weight to get it much lower, then I can afford to relax a little occasionally. If I don't I will have to increase medication and I really don't want to have to do that if I can help it! :shameonu:

I can't get to a gym, too expensive and no time, but am keen to have a go at the Wii stuff to supplement the dog walks.

Had a go at Wii dance over the weekend and it got me nicely out of breath, so will give that a go. Also fancy the Wii Zumba.

If you have an X Box the Kinect thingy is good. Had a play on that as well (with the kids) and found a few muscles I'd forgotten about next day! :roll:

Umm. Me thinks I should probably do this...

Put on loads of fat at 1st year of Uni last year, lost 1 + half stone over Summer without really doing anything, now its back! :roll:

Mebbe cutting down/out carbs would be a good idea? :think: I eat mash + noodles at Uni all the time just 'cos they're quick + easy, and cheap.

Mom + her friends are always dieting and it annoys me how much they talk about food and diets all the time, they're doing a 12 week challenge thing so its all that atm.

I went through an obsessive phase and ate carrot sticks + grapes all the time last year to procrastinate and not do any revision but haven't recently so mebbe I should buy more carrots.

Can't think of anything worse than exercise, too hot + sweaty, so not even going to pretend to myself that I'll do that :anxious:

Too many hills in Aber and takes time in the morning so normally get the bus up to campus but nearly always walk back after which takes 30/40 mins, better than nothing I guess! :)