Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

Can I join in this too please? I am going to dig out the poles and go Nordic Walking again. I hate the thought of a gym, and avoid the cross trainer my husband has in his shed too..but do enjoy being out in the fresh air. In any case for me exercise alone will not shift the weight (but does make me feel better) and I do not believe you should rely on "calories in=calories out "as a plan for weight loss, as to be successful you would have to do an amazing amount of exercise or eat tidgy tiny little portions of food, and as your body will compensate if you put it in to starvation mode you will not feel well and will find it difficult to keep any weight off long term. I thoroughly recommend Zoe Harcombe's "The Harcombe Diet" and there is already a thread running on the All Things Nice page. I've only got the book, no recipe book, and am not a member of the online forum, so although I know I sound a bit evangelical about this, I'm not on commission ! I really do think it's a great way to lose weight, without paying enormous sums of money to WW and the like . That said I haven't been very stringent about keeping away from sugar over the christmas break so I'm going to do phase 1 of the plan again... ermmmm soonish! :lol:

Good luck everyone

I'll join again.

I've just completed the "Rapha Festive 500km cycling challenge. The challange was to cycle 500km between the 22nd Dec and 31st Dec for a "fitter not fatter christmas". Completed it today (2nd Jan), so hopefully tomorrow when I return to Weight Watchers for my first weigh-in since before christmas, my weight shouldn't be up by too much.

I need to join in too...2 stone gone would be wonderful...1 stone a healthy start at least. Did WW online a couple of years ago, & that was fine when it was just me at home but lapsed with the return of my DD from uni.

I do like more junk than I should - chocolate specially - and am always short of time, so drive more than I mean to.

So....daily dog walk, bike whenever possible & serious thought about what I'm eating (easier Mon-Fri when OH is away: he ALWAYS opens a bottle of wine with supper at the w'ends & all is then lost......)

Don't want to rejoin WW as I know what I NEED to do, it's just getting on and doing it that is the struggle...but if we all support each other, I reckon we'll make it.

:)

all isnt lost if you only have wine one day, or 2 evenings, dont worry.

if you do your plan 100% when OH is away you cant do that much damage when drinking wine, cos there isnt enough time to :D

I do SW, when Im on form I can do really well, its the momentary lapse of reason that give me the problems :lol::lol:

I fully intend to lose another stone (at least) this year, and im more than happy to drag others through with me :lol::lol: (be-it kicking and screaming if needs be :lol::lol: )

cathy

x

Thanks for the encouragement :)

There's a SW group that actually meets in my church hall...tho I doubt if I could find the time for the whole meeting....Wondered about trying it online (know they are all similar, but there's something discouraging about trying again with the SAME programme). What are the pros and cons that made you opt for that rather than WW, Cathy?

I cant calorie count :oops::lol:

with SW it gives you free stuff that you can eat loads of, then gives you healthy choices like milk, cheese, bread and stuff, then you have the syns (the naughty stuff)

with WW i found that it didnt make sense to me cos I think I had to calorie count

im sure there are good points to WW, but SW made more sense to my little brain :D

cathy

x

I hate the idea of paying for WW so have always just tried to lose weight myself as I know what to do. It is sticking to healthy eating that is the problem and not being tempted by the carbs. I reckon support on here will help particularly if I have to tell you what the scales are saying :shock: Well today I took the plunge and looked at the scales. I was horrified to see 10st 1lb. I need to be 9st 4lb which is the best weight for me. Today we are finishing up party food and bits that are in the fridge and tomorrow will be the start of 'the diet'. Please help me stick to this :pray:

I cant calorie count :oops::lol:

with SW it gives you free stuff that you can eat loads of, then gives you healthy choices like milk, cheese, bread and stuff, then you have the syns (the naughty stuff)

with WW i found that it didnt make sense to me cos I think I had to calorie count

im sure there are good points to WW, but SW made more sense to my little brain :D

cathy

x

WW have 'filling and healthy' days now, where you can eat certain things all you like and not track, it's quite good. Then you can go back to tracking your pro points the next day. Diet coke = 0 points, tea = 0 points, plus 49 extra weekly points for having a splurge when you want to, not to mention the active points allowance you get when you do any exercise! :)

Just been out cleaning the girls and my car, thought I would come in for a quick warm before I start on the inside of my car. I used to use http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ but the iPhone app. It is really good for keeping track on your food intake etc you can also add meals. If anyone is interested I will post a few screen shots of it. Just on my phone now but will log on properly a bit later!

Count me in too :D I joined an online calorie counting club called Nutracheck at the end of November and managed to lose 8lbs before Christmas, which is fantastic for me as I have an underactive thyroid & struggle to lose weight, I also bought the Zumba dvd workout set which I do in the conservatory with the blinds down when everyone's at work :lol:

So good luck to you all and here's to a fit and fabulous 2012 for us all!

Mmmmm I guess I'd better join in too, but I hate giving up food! I do tend to crash, graze and snooze after a hard day teaching, I need to find some will power to over come my sloth gene. I found I have put weight on since being back at school this term, I'd managed to lose a little in the summer by not snacking, but it's back on now :( . Oh well I'll try again, I've got some nice clothes in my wardrobe that nearly fit, I'd like to get into them before Easter, fingers crossed.

I really need to lose weight left over from babies (YS now 10 :oops: ), any suggestions welcome please!!!!!!!!!

I think it's more positive to focus on getting fit rather than getting thin :lol: (no chance of that anyway!)

But I am hoping weightloss will be a good side of getting fit. I am the wrong side of 45 and on the slippy slope to 50 - I just feel that if I don't do it now, I never will.

Anyway, I've been paying for WW Online for the last year and not using it, so I've started it off again today.

Owee! I went to the gym Friday evening and did weights and cardio. My back and abs are very weak from too much computer time so I did some oblique twists on a machine and must've used too much resistance. Then my husband and I took a two-hour bike ride the next day. I woke up yesterday with a major ache in my back at waist level! I tried ibuprofen yesterday which barely touched it. Today I'm going with naproxen! I probably won't get back to the gym for a day or two until I can stand up without wincing! :doh:

Have read everyone else's good intentions - I'm going to add mine :wink: I'll post what I've lost I think - keeps it in perspective. I haven't weighed myself yet (will do so on Saturday) but it's not going to be pleasant :oops: I've lost weight before but I get lazy and it all piles on and a bit more besides. I have done a couple of days of Just Dance 2 on the Wii and have ordered number 3 to keep myself motivated. Will also be using the treadmill for at least 30 mins a day. Wish me luck :anxious: