Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

I walked to the park this morning and then onto our high street instead of coming home, dropping off the dog and jumping in the car. It did feel good especially as I had to go uphill. :D

ANH I'm with you regards the snacking. Once I've stopped though I'm usually good. Trouble is we still have lots of treats in the house. I have a bag of nuts and raisins but unfortunately it also includes chocolate :drool:

I've got some grapes so trying to have those everytime I think of eating chocolate or cheese, which seems to be my biggest downfall at the moment.

Snacking is my downfall too :(

However I haven't been too bad today - porridge for breakfast, yoghurt and a slice of toast mid morning, jacket sweet potato and low fat cream cheese for lunch, couple of satsumas mid-afternoon, quorn and veg thai curry for tea rounded off by a small handful of mixed nuts/dried fruits/chocs this evening/.

Hmmm, that actually sounds like quite a lot now I've written it down, but it's much better than a typical day where I'd usually have added a packet of crisps and a choc bar into the above.

I also tried to make a bit of effort with my dog walking this afternoon by going somewhere different where I don't know anyone to plod along nattering with, so got myself moving a bit more.

Today I had porridge for breakfast, tuna and brown rice for lunch. Fruit for snacking was grapes, clementine, apricots. I'm not one for snacking but was advised at the gym I need to eat more.... Tea was pâté on toast and soup. Had a cheeky mince pie after. Still using up Xmas food!!

Swam another mile at the gym this evening x

Snacking is OK provided that it's the right things... eating little and often will raise your metabolic rate, and thus the rate at which you burn fat 8) a low fat live yoghurt is a good snack as are raw veg slices. Fruit is good-ish but the sugars will play havoc with your blood sugar/insulin levels and make you carve sweet stuff or carbs.

Still on the nuts here, but only a few. We're off out for a leaving lunch today but I have chosen a fish salad and will have two starters instead of a starter and main course as the portions there are enormous.

Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 arrived today, can't wait to have a go on that this evening!

I've been eating so much more than I usually do since starting WW, the difference is I'm making informed choices about what I eat, and also filling up on fruit (0 propoints) instead of snacking on rubbish. I went to my nana's for dinner on Wednesday and she was making bangers and mash with fried onions, gravy, beans etc. I opted for quorn sausages instead of pork ones, peas instead of beans and gave the gravy and onions a miss completely. It was still delicious and filling and well within my points. Switching out your meat for any quorn substitute instantly lowers the fat and calories of a meal. It's brilliant! My nan still had chocs, peanuts and pringles out from the Christmas period, and when I was hungry before dinner instead of picking at those I had 2 clementines and a banana :)

I put on a few pounds over the holidays and I was already half a stone over where I like to be, even though I exercise regularly and eat pretty healthily (portion control is my main problem)

So, I have bought 2 of the BBC Good Food low fat recipe books and I am planning my main meals completely around the recipes. I choose 7 recipes for the week and shop just for those. The recipes are for 4 so I usually make enough for 3 so that my OH gets a bigger portion (who is stick thin and eats like a horse :mrgreen: ) He says he wouldn't have known that I was cooking "diet" food as it is completely satisfying and very tasty.

I have porridge with honey and blueberries for breakfast, a sandwich or an extra portion of the previous night's meal for lunch and then the low fat meal followed by fruit and yoghurt. In the afternoon I have a few dried apricots if I feel I need them. We eat before 6pm and I never snack in the evening anyway and rarely drink.

There is no need to count calories so I don't feel like I am dieting. I have lost 4 pounds so far - also upping my exercising a bit. I was going to the gym twice a week anyway plus a jazz dance and tap dance class (an hour each) so I am either doing an extra gym session or Wii Just Dance on the days I wouldn't normally go. I am making sure I do half an hour of something daily - long dog walks at the weekend count as well.

I go to a gym called Curves which is for women only and you do a 30 minute session which I really like. They do a 30 min Zumba circuit which is a combination of dance and resistance machines (1 minute Zumba, 1 minute machine...) which is brilliant and I do that one a week and a normal session the other time I go. I guess the usual session is probably not a good as going to a "real" gym, but hey, it is at least doing something and it is small, chatty and relaxed.

My problem will be that once I have reached my goal I will feel like I can eat what I like again. Maybe I will be strict and do a week each month like I am doing now just to keep in check.

I ran 10km in the gym today (48 minutes) in preparation for an "all dayer" at the footy tomorrow.

Down a couple of pounds since Tuesdays weigh-in. Eating healthily and under my daily point allowance all week, so with my daily allowance 39 points, plus 49 weekly allowance, and some activity points I've got about 100 points to use on Stella/Guiness and pasties !!!! :lol:

Well done those of you who are losing weight already! And everyone who has made an effort - it will pay off soon!

I picked up a 2nd hand copy of Wii Just Dance and my Zumba 2 arrived today from Amazon. Tried them both - great fun! If I can do some of those each day it should help - you can almost feel the calories departing :lol:

A bit late to the party, but can I join in as well? I managed to get to 2lb away from my goal weight the week before Christmas...but then embarked on the Christmas Eating Fest..and kind of haven't stopped. From the way my clothes feel I'm guessing at least half a stone has gone on, maybe even more :shock:

Am going to weigh myself tomorrow for the first time since before Christmas (normally I weigh myself every day)...so of course am eati everything in sight today to try and use up the remaining chocs and cheese and stuff. Obviously it'd be better to just bin them....but I never said I was sensible :)

Looking forward to hearing everyone's success stories!

Reading about folks using the wii for exercise made me check out YS wii. I bought another controller so OH and I may have a try out at some sports later. I did not make the exercise class yesterday :oops: but did a lot of walking about and was quite good food wise so I am hoping to have lost a bit :? OH is making his special curry tonight. It is made with cream :shock: but you have to have some treats - don't you :?:

Did a workout at the gym on Wednesday evening, long dog walk today and been on my feet all day cleaning out animals and stuff. We've got some left over cheeses in the fridge which I may finish this evening, but that will be it, I shan't buy any more.

Had one of those M&S £1 sushi things for lunch and a homemade quinoa and lentil salad with a lemony dressing. Loving clementines at the moment too. 8)