Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

I've been pretty good for most of the week, I've been doing Just Dance and faster walking.

Yesterday OH and I had a open canoe lesson for about 3 hours so we, really, really ache this morning. :shock: Then walked the dog in the afternoon.

Since yesterday I've been on a two day diet that DD has been trying for the last couple of weeks. Its a breast cancer prevention diet that we found in a magazine. Just two days of milk and/or yoghurt, fruit and vegetables. It will be interesting to see if I lose anything and whether it just goes straight back on when I'm eating normally. :?

Well done everyone.

Had a longish and brisk walk today through the beech woods in the Chilterns, but otherwise been a pretty light day exercise-wise, still... circuits tomorrow. I don't weigh myself but I think I have lost some pudding from round my waist; my target is a pair of jeans which are rather tight at the moment.

Well done everyone with the weight loss :clap:

I didn't do any extra exercise yesterday, just a brisk walk into town and back pushing the double buggy. My aim is not to put on any weight, losing a couple of pounds would be a bonus though. I am within (the top end of) my healthy weight range but have pretty much stopped breast feeding youngest

Bogwoppit now so that's some calories no longer being used up on that :roll:

Keep up the good work all :D8)

Can I join in please? I've just booked our summer holiday. :dance: I have 166 days to shed as many lbs as I can. If I could lose 28lbs I would be very, very happy. I don't want to feel self-conscious on the beach. :oops: I really need to lose more than that but that would do for a start.

Soo, it's a walk every day for me from now on. Either first thing or after work depending on my schedule.

I'm going on the eat less/move more principle. I've set up a calorie spreadsheet and honestly put in everything that has passed my lips today :whistle:

Chucky Mama, you are so right about wholemeal pasta, it's all we have now :D I just need to have less of it :lol:

Keep some healthy snacks around when it's so cold folks... the chilliness makes you want to stock up on carbs. Omega seeds are good, as are mixed nuts (not roasted though). I've taken to bringing in to work a wee box of mixed nuts (almonds, brazils, hazelnuts and walnuts) and some fruit; usually apples and clementines..... keeps me away from the biscuit tin! :oops:

i went for 4 mile walk on Sunday, I have an assignment to had in on Wednesday so gym was given

the boot last night, I have been up since 6 this morning working on it.

My brain is a little fried now so maybe a long walk with the Fabradors is in order just in case i can't

make the gym tonight.

Naughty confession: panettone in a bread and butter pudding is rather scrummy! :oops::roll:

Naughty confession: panettone in a bread and butter pudding is rather scrummy! :oops::roll:

Mmmmm, sounds delicious! :D

I've just done 45mins Zumba and feeling good for doing it, if not rather sweaty! Sorry, too much information?! :oops::lol: Now I just need to avoid snacking on unhealthy things when I get the post-exercise munchies....not long til lunchtime :D

Keep some healthy snacks around when it's so cold folks... the chilliness makes you want to stock up on carbs. Omega seeds are good, as are mixed nuts (not roasted though). I've taken to bringing in to work a wee box of mixed nuts (almonds, brazils, hazelnuts and walnuts) and some fruit; usually apples and clementines..... keeps me away from the biscuit tin! :oops:

I've being doing the same, try adding a few dates. They seem to hit the spot at mid afternoon when I would normaly of hit the biscuit tin.

Finally invested in a pair of digital scales (WW ones, half price in argos, £15) and the difference between them and my old dial ones is 5lbs! (The other difference is I can actually tell which lb I'm on, whereas my dial ones made me squint), so I've added 5lbs to every weight I've logged since starting... it's 5 extra lbs to lose than I originally thought, but it means I don't have to lose 12lbs to get a 7*.

Had co op rice and wheat flakes for breakfast, and 2 poached eggs on multigrain toast for lunch. MMMMM.

My DD was telling me that a friends scales were weighing about 5lbs more than mine. The friend does WW, wonder if she has their scales too :? Been to aerobics today :D Have just eaten a carrot.....it was a bit disappointing :lol: Probably because I have cake and biscuits out for visitors but I have managed not to eat any of them.

Feeling really depressed :( ....got a Wii with the Wii Fit and board gubbins 10 days ago with the aim of doing more excercies. Found the step programme and loved it 8) . Just basic up and down but with hand held weights and lots of arm swinging. Did 10/20 mins each night feeling positive but now my right hip is playing up and v painful. Also tried the 20 min jog but that hurt too......theres little in terms of upper body stuff on there and I need something that is going to make me slightly breathless :think: .

I know its muscular and am wondering if I just continue with 10 mins per night if the muscle will just get stronger and used to the extra excercise; ie; should I push on through the pain :shock: ? Having found a great way to excercise that I actually enjoy and can do every day in the comfort of my own home I don't want to stip now :twisted: ! What a wimp...I feel about 110 years old. Does anyone know if I can do any damage by continuing gently and building up or should I just give up and eat biscuits!!!!!

PS I even lost a pound tho it didn't make any difference to my wobbly middle! Should probably add that I am 5 5' and 10s 5lb (tho ought to be 9s 10) so not putting extra weight on the joint - just trying to address aforesaid wobbly middle :oops::whistle: !

With regards the pain I think a lot depends how old you are :? If you are young I would just try fast marching and build up to the jogging over a few days. However if you are on the older side I would be more careful. I have found that since I passed the 50 mark I can injure myself at the drop of a hat :evil: It also takes ages for muscles etc to repair. Last January I injured my shoulder doing power pump and it is only now nearly back to normal. I found that jogging using the wii hurt my calf muscle. This was mainly because I didn't put on trainers, I didn't do any stretches which I would have done in the gym and I was trying to keep up with YS :roll: Do not despair if you cannot exercise, you do not have a lot to lose and will be able to by cutting carbs. I lost weight at a time when I stopped exercising, honestly if you remove most of the pastry, pasta and bread out of your diet for a while your tum will go down :D