Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

I've bumped up the Zumba from one night per week to two. The gym has a new instructor on Tuesday nights and she's pretty fun! I passed on putting honey on my yogurt and cereal this morning. I've got to get serious about getting more pounds off. I noticed some of my trousers aren't fitting quite as snug. (Started to say pants, but I remembered those mean something totally different there- although I hope those are fitting looser, too! :lol: ) I spent Saturday afternoon cleaning fall leaves out of the pool and tossing them in the compost bin. I raked up some pine straw and threw it in the chicken run. It's nice to do something physical instead of sitting in front of a computer for hours like I had to do for over two years with grad school!

Frightened to weigh myself :shock: Bumped into friend who has decided to walk for 2 hours each day and in 3 weeks she has lost a stone :shock::shock: Decided action must be taken so went to Step class. Not being the most coordinated person on the planet it was a bit interesting however I kept stepping so that surely must have helped in the fitness dept. :D

I had an unintenionally long dog walk this afternoon. Little madam chased off after a hare and didn't come back. Cue me totally stressing out and panicking. I spent 2 hours walking round and calling her to no avail. I spoke to a few people en route who had seen her but she wouldn't let anyone get near her :roll: Had just about run out of ideas when I went into the village shop near where I had parked up. Thankfully someone across the road had lured her into their house with cat biscuits :lol: so she was safe and sound. Moral of the story? Make sure your dog has a mobile phone number as well as a landline on their tag! Sounds so obvious but it honestly hadn't occurred to me when we got her - new one on order as we speak!

So, in total I managed 2.5 hours of walking today! Hungry now though :lol:

I know that one well - Cyrus is easily distracted when game is about; I clip some falconry bells to his collar when he's off-lead, that way I know roughly where he is.

Our local council also has a free dog registration scheme; both of mine have a tag and the dog warden has their photos and my details on file, so if they stray, the DW will call me rather than chucking them in the pound.

Those bells are a brilliant idea DM, I will definitely order one (two?) of them. I take it you can hear them a long way away? She was out of sight in seconds! Tango has an amazing turn of speed - I'm convinced she must have some whippet blood or similar in her as she is very rangily built too.

99% of the time I walk in secure areas, so although she might disappear 4 fields away (although she rarely does) she can't actually go anywhere. Of course the one time I take her somewhere that isn't secure... look what happens :roll:

As I say though, looking on the bright side my exercise quota for the day improved considerably!

Wow, everyone is doing so well - congratulations! :clap:

I have to admit I've gone COmPlETELY off track the last 10 days or so. I had dental implant surgery and then came down with a stinking cold, so have done no exercise and have been comfort eating to boot :oops: Annoyed with myself :evil:

Oh well, all i can do after falling off the wagon is get back onto it today, right?!? :whistle: Still feeling a bit pants so probably no exercise, but at least I can try and stop eating everything in sight today :roll:

Clash, I'm sure you will have a scream :D

Is it a charity thing? If so, please tell us where to sponsor you :D

It's an "open charity" event so you select your own charity. I'm going to raise funds for my local homeless shelter, St Paul's Hostel in Worcester. I'm just beginning to set up a "justgiving" page so I'll let you know soon.

Looking for a stripey shirt, beret and a string of onions for some photo's !!!! - Cheers.

Rowing machine proving 'useful'; sitting in the sitting room gazing accusingly at me every time I go past...still cannot manage more than 10 mins at a time on it which I try to do every day plus 10 mins step on the Wii fit as fast as possible and another 5 mins of rowing if I can motivate myself :D .

BUT its not working.............have been good foodwise and havn't lost a thing :boohoo: . OH, fed up with my moaning, says I am building muscle which is heavier than fat so I just feel I may as well not bother excercising at all :shock: !

Feeling fed up; OH away tonight and I KNOW there are two huge bags of Sky crisps in the cupboard leftover from Xmas.......I can hear them calling me now :shameonu: ! Could someone shout at me please!!!!! Everyone else seems to be doing so well too :clap::doh: !

BUT its not working.............have been good foodwise and havn't lost a thing :boohoo: . OH, fed up with my moaning, says I am building muscle which is heavier than fat so I just feel I may as well not bother excercising at all :shock: !

Muscle is more dense than fat so even though it might weigh more, it looks smaller on you! :) And it's supposed to burn more calories even while you are at rest.

I am also disappointed that the scales haven't gone down more, I've only lost 2-3 lbs, but my clothes are fitting better and that's what's most important! I'd like to lose 10 lbs, but I mainly want to wear one size smaller! I know I need to bump up the exercise and do better about avoiding the sweets!

I never, ever weigh myself. I judge how well exercise is going by the feel of my muscles. Quite soon you will feel, nice, strong muscles all over. I especially like the diagonal ones I can feel in my midriff. Because they make you stand straighter you start to look better quite quickly.

I've got a long way to go but feeling my muscles getting more defined makes it easier to keep up the exercise. Also, muscle burns more energy even when you're resting.

I love exercise because it feels positive and I hate dieting because it feels negative.

Thanks Leeloo and patsylabrador, maybe OH is right then (that would make a change! :lol: )

Not sure that I can find my muscles, tho, under wobbly midriff! Its that stomach/spare tyre that needs to go as I'm reasonably happy with everything else 8)

Didn't manage 10 mins rowing today (I find that, if I don't do it in the morning its soooooooooo much harder!) so just about to put the Wii fit step on - Leeloo, like you I would like to lose about 7 -10lb and so will resist the crisps screaming at me :silenced: .

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, 1lb of muscle is the same as 1lb of fat - muscle is more dense, so take some measurements and see if you've lost in those!

ALSO make sure you're upping your water intake to combat fluid retention in your muscles from increased activity.