Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

Went to Zumba last night, the first time I have been and it was a new class. It was hilarious! There was about 15 of us, all with absolutely no idea what we were doing, people were bumping into each other, arms and legs all over the place :lol: The instructor did reassure us that we would get the hang of it in time... I hope she's right!

I am finding It so much harder after the menopause to keep my weight in check. I have lost 6lbs since Christmas and would like to lose another half a stone, but I can only lose it at about a pound a week maximum. If I had eaten and exercised the way I am now 10 years ago I would have lost at least a stone by now (actually I did lose one and a half stone in my early 40's and it was quite easy)

I am approaching things in a completely different way now. I eat healthily anyway and always have done but I love baking and my OH can eat as much cake as he likes and still stay at 10st 5lbs :mrgreen: He does walk the dogs every day up on the downs but even so, he must have an extremely fast metabolism.

I used to have a slice of cake when I got home from work but I am now only going to have one slice a week when the cake is freshly made and have smaller portions at mealtimes. I don't usually snack anyway but that slice of cake daily adds 3-500 calories which over a week is a hefty extra intake

I very much enjoy the exercise regime I have and this hopefully will keep me in check for the future. I WILL make the effort to lose the odd couple of pound weight gain rather than let it creep up on me too much. I will I will I will ......

I will just have to accept that I can't eat as much as I used to. Once I am at the weight I want to be I will dispose of my scales as I can become a slave to them

Another one here getting fitter and more toned but not getting any lighter. When I was younger both would happen but it's all much slower these days.

Fortunately I've discovered a passion for rowing on the river (although we had to break the ice yesterday :lol: ) once you're out it's very easy to do 40-60mins. Trouble is by the time you get the boat in and out of the water it's at least 1.5hrs commitment.

I've been baking more lately as I accidentally ordered 2 sacks of baking flour rather than 1 so it needs using and I have teen boys who needs lots of food but I have to try and ration myself as well.

I ended up doing a basic Zumba workout followed by the flat abs one late last night :oops:

Whoopsie had been round with her gorgeous baby Christopher & although we had a healthy turkey stirfry for lunch, the GU chocolate souffle we had for pud was a whopping 300 calories for a ramekins worth :shock:

So I shan't tell you that not only are they scrumptious they are on offer in the Coop at the moment :lol:

Well slight set back in my plan as I have been ill in hospital and now after the op my appetite is only just returning so I have to admit I have been eating anything I fancy. :? But I took to the scales and I have lost 11lb since Jan 1st so still not bad at all. Probably helped by prison food at the hospital :lol:

Just focus on getting better lynz. :D getting fit will come when you are healthy again. Xx

I've seen an advert in my slimming world magazine talking about getting a medicine ball to use to tone areas and stuff.

Been looking online, and I've found kettle bells. Does anyone know which would be the best option? Medicine ball? Or kettle bells? Which one will give me the most options?

Thank you :D

Cathy

X

Clash, I'm sure you will have a scream :D

Is it a charity thing? If so, please tell us where to sponsor you :D

It's an "open charity" event so you select your own charity. I'm going to raise funds for my local homeless shelter, St Paul's Hostel in Worcester. I'm just beginning to set up a "justgiving" page so I'll let you know soon.

Looking for a stripey shirt, beret and a string of onions for some photo's !!!! - Cheers.

Picture052.jpg

although obviously if you're combining the workout with cardio, it's good to get a few weights so you can vary the intensity or the type of muscle group you want to concentrate on. I use my 3kg dumbbells when I'm doing a cardio workout with strength integrated, but I would use a higher weight like 5 or 6 if I was just concentrating on strength and toning - it depends what you want to do with your workout!

I did an hours' walk with the dog this afternoon, about 3.5-4 miles I think. I hardly ever do a pavement walk but thought I would today for a change - bad mistake, it was really hard going with the slushy, sludgy snow. I think I will have achey legs tomorrow! Back to the fields as usual, the dog will be happy - she was not impressed about being dragged round the streets!

That'll be gone next week!

I got a new dvd today Leslie Sansone's 5 mile walk, so I did the indoor equivalent of a 5 mile walk, it's mainly low impact aerobics but you can make it high impact if you want to, I really enjoyed it & for the first time ever I've managed to clock up over 10,000 steps on my pedometer :dance: