Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

It's important to rest, or to work different body areas on consecutive days.

I always aim to do as many reps as I can manage and then push it for a couple more. If you are doing CV work then you should aim to keep your heart rate in the 'working range' for at least 20 minutes to burn fat, or certainly at least until you're feeling really puffed. Try to extend the amount of 'puffed time' roughly twice a week.

A good guide to whether you're in the puffed zone is that you shouldn't be able to carry on a conversation while exercising; if you can natter away while on the (say) treadmill, like some folks at our gym do, then you're not putting in enough effort.

Borrowed flatmates scales last night and have lost a stone since 1st Jan so was pleased its gone in the right direction ... just wanted it to be more! ;)

Thats only from eating healthier, although I did have mini eggs this week 'cos revision just makes me want to eat?! :roll: Nomming blueberries + grapes instead recently though.

Not bought any bread all year, know its not that bad but makes me feel better to have a wrap instead of 2 pieces of bread.

Still not doing exercise apart from walking up the hill and know I should be but we'll be Lambing nights from the 20th for 6 weeks/couple monts and that normally means chasing sheep and carrying feed, water and lambs up and down the shed to be weighed all night so guess thats something :D

I haven't done any additional exercise for a week :( Unfortunately any child free time during the day has been spent 'debating' with HR the terms of the new job I start next week. I have been too tired in the evenings to even contemplate doing anything apart from going to bed early. Must try harder! :roll:

Handed in the second essay a space of 5 days yesterday evening, sneak peeked at the scales and I'm 3.5lbs lighter than last time I looked, which means hopefully I've lost last week's gain and then some when I WI officially tomorrow afternoon. Back on the exercise and seriously healthy eating now that my deadlines have passed - OH will be going back to Bristol on Tuesday so I'll finally be in a doughnut-free house - he's eating vomitous amounts of the damned things to try and gain weight. Not to mention the massive bowl of curly fries and huge pizza he had for dinner last night. Losing weight is so much easier when there's no one else there to sabotage/tempt you. I had prawn stir fry and I went to bed with a cup of tea so I didn't pinch any chips... I think my brain rationalises that if food is on someone else's plate it doesn't have any calories and therefore doesn't count if I nick it.

It's a bit like if someone else opens a packet of biscuits the calories don't count :roll: Unfortunately my OH and I ate most of a packet of Harrod's chocolate chip cookies that were a Christmas present, this morning and then I had some crisps at lunchtime, I only had a smallish tea though. No excercise really today, will try to get out for a walk tomorrow.

Didn't do any real exercise at the weekend, but I'd like to think that a couple of hours spent moving the sofas & shampooing the lounge carpet counted for something!

Fingers crossed I've managed to lose a couple of pounds this week & hit my stone :pray: Off to do a workout dvd now :D

Have a good week everyone!