Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

Bloomin' eck.

Waited to start properly til we'd got rid of all the Christmas goodies (vicarage = lots of people give you things to eat/drink) so last week my daughter & started in earnest.

Lots of raw vegs, lots of fruit, almost no dairy, low carbs...went out for a pub meal & had lowest fat option for main course, no starter and no pud though everyone else in our group had both - and then I put ON 3lbs. :evil:

Really don't know what to make of that. :?:

Any bright ideas much appreciated. At the moment I feel like abandoning the whole plan -but I have never weighed this much before, and hate not being comfortable in my own clothes - so that's really not an option.

Gah.

Cross vicar! :evil:

Well done Lewis, and hope those poorly ones feel better soon.

Bit of a piggy day yesterday at my father's 80th party, but have been good today, and done lots; cleaned out all of the animals, been on a long walk with The Boy and the dogs. Rosie has started running and does circuits of our block, which I have measured as 0.5 mile, so easy to gauge how far you've run. She's also thinking of entering the 10kg swimathon.

Phil is staying over tomorrow, so might even make it to circuits with me, I am going to try out that Torso Training session on Thursday Karen, if you're going.

Bloomin' eck.

Waited to start properly til we'd got rid of all the Christmas goodies (vicarage = lots of people give you things to eat/drink) so last week my daughter & started in earnest.

Lots of raw vegs, lots of fruit, almost no dairy, low carbs...went out for a pub meal & had lowest fat option for main course, no starter and no pud though everyone else in our group had both - and then I put ON 3lbs. :evil:

Really don't know what to make of that. :?:

Any bright ideas much appreciated. At the moment I feel like abandoning the whole plan -but I have never weighed this much before, and hate not being comfortable in my own clothes - so that's really not an option.

Gah.

Cross vicar! :evil:

Are you keeping hydrated? It could be water retention. Up the fluid intake - you'll be spending pennies for england but it really does flush you out and keep the weight loss up.

Today went to pot a little, but as its my 30th birthday then I'm not going to stress about it too much! Leave to go on 11 might cruise in the morning. Packed my gym stuff to try and make an conserted effort! Wish me luck lol ;)

Happy Birthday and have a lovely time on the cruise. :D

I'm happy - lost a couple of pounds :dance:

I did my five day plan, slightly spoilt by the cold but that is almost gone which was nice and quick. Yoga/pilates/stretching for the first three days then aerobics and salsa for the last two. I am starting to really enjoy the salsa although everyone laughs at me especially when I try coordinated shaking of hips and chest. Two days off then back to it.

Congratulations :D

Just did torso toning at the gym; good instructor, very thorough and clear but you can tell that she used to be a teacher if you get my drift. I don't think that it was my thing though, she kept asking if I'd done it before as I was zooming on to the advanced stuff, but I think it's mainly for beginners and anyone who hasn't done abdominal exercises before and doesn't know where their core/pelvic muscles are.

Lots of exercises that you can do at home, and it would be a good class for someone who has recently had a baby.

Not sure what I expected, perhaps something more like the 'Abs-busting sweatshop' that I used to teach.

Have just read back through this thread, and just wanted to say well done everyone ! And lolalayla, hope you're starting to feel better - it's so frustrating when you have the best intentions but injuries mean you can't :(

So I finally managed to get myself back on track and have been doing my regular Body Combat classes (does anyone else do Combat? Anyone who likes a challenging, invigorating and quite intense workout to great music will enjoy it. I LOVE it and have been doing it for about 7 or 8 years now at various places.) The weight is starting to come off very slowly again, so that's good

A friend and I went to a pole dancing taster class on Tuesday, and it was FAB! Completely hilarious - we seemend to spend most of the time in fits of hysterical giggles but my bruises came out yesterday and I can hardly move today ...especially inner thighs and triceps, which I find really hard to target. So i obviously got a good workout..but i hardly noticed, because we were having such a laugh. Seriously thinking about signing up for a course :shock:

But I just wanted to share, in case anyone else had thought about it and then thought 'ooh no' like me. Give it a go! :D