Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

I had my massage yesterday, She had a field day with all the injuries and trigger points etc.

I have no curvature in my spine ( from acro years ago) so more Pilates and i stand uneven due to

numerous accidents involving cars and horses.

I feel a little sore in my shoulders but they have dropped to where they should be and i can now turn

my head. Going back to have my hip and knee sorted (no stopping me then).

Easy gym session tonight to get back into it.

I hope you are soon feeling better LolaLayla.

I have been coughing and spluttering for over a week now, not the flu but enough to make me feel under the weather so I have not done any exercise but as I have not felt like eating very much I have lost 4 lbs so that is a bit of a bonus :D

I hope I feel better soon as it is half term next week :D

Chrissie

That doesn't sound good - hope you're better soon.

Karen, have you tried the Torso Toning class on a Thursday night? I usually go to the gym on a Wednesday for 40 minutes while Rosie does her lifeguard training, but I might switch as the ex picks her up anyway.

I spotted that an might give it a try whilst the shoulder is being sorted.

Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the scan and then once I know what exactly is wrong I can decide the next move. You just take for granted that you will be able to lift things and move about without pain. I have never had back problems before and think that it is why I am so annoyed with it :?

I know how you feel - I've always been pretty fit, but 25 years ago I was passenger in a car crash and came out with (a broken ankle and) prolapsed discs in my neck and lower back; both have been stabilised but I am limited with what I can do exercise- and lifting-wise. It is very frustrating, but my osteopath keeps me mobile and has been brilliant on the odd occasion when it has slipped out and caused agony.

Take care, keep warm and take painkillers to help you relax and not tense up.

Finally got to the new swimming pool (well new to me :roll: ) and swam 12 lengths this morning, which is a minor miracle for me. :lol: I'm not a great swimmer and have a terrible swimming action but I got there.

They're doing a £20.12 a month unlimited swim so I think I will sign up for that as I can go during the week. Actually feel as if my whole body has had a workout. Now off to walk the dog. :D

Had a really bad week with nomming this week... went out our end of exams social on Tues so probably drank a few too many calories, then we all went to Spoons for lunch on Weds. Had chips on Thursday night aswell :roll:

Still lost another 3lbs since last week! :)

I had a plan for this week's exercise but have gone down with a heavy cold. I didn't want to give up on my plan altogether so I did something more gentle. I like to use the wii exerbeat and on it you can put together your own programme so I made one of yoga/pilates and gentle stretching. That and a mug of camomile tea with honey was really nice and I actually felt better while I was doing it. I didn't sneeze or snuffle once while I was exercising which I think is relatively interesting. I reckon that even if the cold goes on I can still work on flexibilty and the exercises might even help get rid of the cold. :D