Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

I definitely notice a difference in my skin. And I love my Body Combat classes, especially when they tell you 'you're aiming for the chin!' or 'kick to the head!' Not that I'm violent at all, but it does make you feel quite empowered. And a fantastic full-body workout. :D

Haven't been able to do any exercise since Thursday (had dental implant surgery and they say you can't do any for a week) but am healing well so am going to carry on with my normal personal training session tomorrow and just take it easy. I miss exercising! And have been busily undoing all my good work and comfort eating everything in sight, so I need to stop the damage before it goes too far :roll:

A vigorous eglu-clean will have to do as my exercise for today :D

I miss exercising! ........

A vigorous eglu-clean will have to do as my exercise for today :D

That's good news if you miss it!!!! I'm quite looking forward to hitting the gym next week.

I will be doing the same today, burning off some calories cleaning the two eglus !

I gained a lb this week, though I'm not surprised, I lost a lot last week when I was off work poorly, and my exercise hasn't been at the level it was - I also decided to experiment with my weekly point allowance and eat a few more of them - I guess I'm one of those people who can't eat all their weeklies if they want to lose. Never mind, goal for next week is to lose 1lb ;)

Cleaned out the animals and did some work in the garden yesterday. Long walk with the dogs in the morning.

House full of teenage girls last night for a sleepover; they wanted Chinese, which (luckily) was on a deal at M&S, I didn't eat too much though but did have one Guinness cupcake after I;d made them for the girls. They wanted pancakes fro brekkie this morning, but I stuck to my usual and am just out to take the hounds for their 2nd (much longer) walk of the day.

Back at work tomorrow and circuits in the evening.

I also decided to experiment with my weekly point allowance and eat a few more of them - I guess I'm one of those people who can't eat all their weeklies if they want to lose.

I try and avoid the extra 49 weekly points allowance. Every time I use some of them my weight seems to go up, even if I've increased my exercise.

My weekly allowance is 39 points (maintaining my weight, not losing) although I try to not use more than 35 points per day.

I also decided to experiment with my weekly point allowance and eat a few more of them - I guess I'm one of those people who can't eat all their weeklies if they want to lose.

I try and avoid the extra 49 weekly points allowance. Every time I use some of them my weight seems to go up, even if I've increased my exercise.

My weekly allowance is 39 points (maintaining my weight, not losing) although I try to not use more than 35 points per day.

Yeah, I heard it can be that way with some people. Although, I think an extra 7PPs a day is nothing I will miss, I just need to stop snacking!

I'm on 38PP at the moment, I earn about 20-30 AP a week and I've averaged a 4lb a week loss since I started even with today's gain so I'm just going to rethink my strategy and wipe the slate clean today!

Have carried on trying to eat healthier :)

Lower carbs and more protein is meant to be good so haven't bought any bread all year, have wraps if I have to and eating rice or cottage cheese instead of mash.

Trying to eat more fruit + veg too so bought tinned + frozen veg and salad + fruit.

Tending to have soup for lunch and then for tea chuck some tuna/salmon, chicken or quorn into a bowl with veg and then rice, cottage cheese or wrap + salad.

Always up late and know shouldn't eat late but have yogurt + fruit instead of junk, its esp tempting when meant to be revising - all you think about is food :lol:

Am a fussy eater so don't help myself when it gets boring having the same thing! :roll:

Went out the other night and had 1 piece of flatmates pizza - could have had a whole one so that was an improvement! :lol:

They all keep wanting Subway, KFC or Domino's - I say I'll go with them but never buy anything, makes me feel better.

Still not doing exercise although have walked up and down the hill a few times instead of getting the bus which we normally do. No scales at Uni but hoping its an improvement! :D

I'm having to try and be strict with myself at the moment, my usual exercise is dog walking but Tango was spayed on Thursday so on limited walks at the moment (although she is trying her best to convice me otherwise! :lol: ).

The Dogmother mentioned ankle weights earlier in this thread somewhere, I thought that would be a good way of getting an extra little work out on our limited walks. I had a look on t'interweb but there are lots of different weights - anything between 1kg and 5kg (I think that is total weight, not per weight). Anyone able to suggest what would be a good weight to go for? I guess the weights need to be heavy enough to make the muscles work harder, but not so heavy that my feet are pinned to the floor! :lol: Would 1kg per ankle seem reasonable?

Had a decent walk with the dog but met friends who walked a bit slowly.

Do you have any ankle weights that you can wear - then even a slow walk works you out.

:lol: I am already carrying quite a few extra pounds on my legs :lol: - seriously, I did see some in TKMaxx last week and contemplated buying them. Might pop back and get them.

Down 1/2lb despite a roast Sunday lunch yesterday. Portion control seems to be doing the trick.

Also a rucksack with a few things in is

good for that extra bit of weight.

Definitely. I could never get on with the ankle weights. Over socks, they rubbed. Over trousers, they pulled the trousers down gradually :roll:

Just got back from weekly personal training session - trainer was in a bad mood today so we (I share the session with a friend) got a good workout :shock:

Good luck today everyone!