Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

My girls set up Just Dance on the Wii last night and had a half hour session, I just watched this time, might have a go when they are out, but ED is on study leave at the moment until 20th not sure when I can sneak a session without humiliation. :anxious:

They have also got me to download the My Fitness Pal app on my phone, which they have both got too, it does make you think about portion control. I weighed my usual fruit and fibre breakfast cereal and measured out my milk this morning. It wasn't too much less than I would normally eat, I was quite surprised because I love my cereals and often eat a bowl for supper too. I have also had my morning coffee black today and eaten a banana for a snack. We do still have a lot of chocolate and crisps in the house, because we were all down with a virus over new year and last week, we will share them out evenly.

They have also got me to download the My Fitness Pal app on my phone, which they have both got too, it does make you think about portion control. I weighed my usual fruit and fibre breakfast cereal and measured out my milk this morning. It wasn't too much less than I would normally eat,

When I joned WW, weighing breakfast cereals was one of the first things that I tried.

I always filled the bowl with cereal, when I weighed it, there was about 150gr of cereals, (a recommended portion size was 30 gr) :whistle: Now I buy a box of cereals every 3-4 weeks rather than 1 box every week.

I've just done 20 minutes on Just Dance 2 - ooh it really gets your heart going. I stopped because it keeps saying reading disc during the songs and its very annoying. I shall get those more technically minded in my family to have a look at it tonight. Feel much better for doing the dancing (even if it was very bad dancing) :D

Well done Sarah :clap: Way to go.

Perhaps take status photos (for you, not us) as you go along so that you can see results and feel more motivated.

Read in the paper at the weekend, that folks are more inclined to lose weight if they (each day) write down their aspirations/goals; they don't need to be weight motivated apparently. The experiment found that people with more goals or dreams did better at weight loss. *shrugs*

I too joined WW today,online.

Found that my normal breakfast,lunch & drinks would have nearly seen my allowance go on their own :shock:

I weighed in at my heaviest ever,even when I was pregnant - not good,but if Dawn French & Ruth Jones can do it,then so can I :lol:

Good luck with it, I have to say I'm finding it's really really getting results already. The forums are pretty active too and lots of lovely people on there to talk to about anything you could think of :)

Well I totally fell off the wagon yesterday. It was FIL's birthday and we went out for Sunday lunch. Ate far too much including a massive portion of sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Yummy, but not exactly health food :roll:

I currently have a dog sat at my side asking to be taken out for a walk (she's giving me the RSPCA eyes) so I'm going to clean the chickens out then walk Tango. I'd better make it a decent walk to burn off all that sticky toffee pudding!

well you are all getting stuck in, so I made myself walk to Pilates this evening, about 1-1.5 miles I thought. When I spoke to another lady at the class she told me its just over 2 miles.....I did it in about 45 - 50 mins. I think thats a bit slow, especially as its downhill all the way :oops: If I'd thought it was that far I wouldn't even have tried it :lol:

Everything went a bit pear shaped this afternoon, ended up with left over gammon from yesterday with a fried egg chips and swweetcorn, I didn't have any fat on my gammon and the chips were carefully shaken to remove as much oil as possible and the egg was a lovely healthy one from my girls (who am I kidding :roll:) Did 40 minutes fast ironing after tea in the hope of burning off some calories :?

Just done a quick 20 minutes of Just Dance Abba! Choreography is rubbish, but you can jig around enough to break a sweat even if you don't keep up with the on screen dancers :oops:

Did you keep two small boys entertained too? :D

Just done an hour of circuit training, hadn't been for 3 weeks but wasn't as bad as i thought I'd be. Supper just now was scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (latter is on offer right now in most shops :wink: ) followed by two clementines.

Can I join in on this too? :D

Two years at uni, followed by 5 months of ill health, has definitely resulted in my weight increasing constantly, so the challenge for 2012 is to lose it again and be back to how I was before!

I've just bought the new Ministry of Sound Pump it up - the ultimate dance workout DVD...hopefully this will get my fitness levels up enough to attempt running in public! Was planning to start running this new year again but the weathers been so rubbish I haven't wanted to run along the lanes near my house, just too much mud!

Tried my friends just dance on the wii, that was a good work out! I've been promised I can use it again when I'm home from uni, so hopefully I'll do better then!

Reading all of your posts has been so inspirational! Definitely going to keep me motivated to carry on!

Just done a quick 20 minutes of Just Dance Abba! Choreography is rubbish, but you can jig around enough to break a sweat even if you don't keep up with the on screen dancers :oops:

Did you keep two small boys entertained too? :D

Just done an hour of circuit training, hadn't been for 3 weeks but wasn't as bad as i thought I'd be. Supper just now was scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (latter is on offer right now in most shops :wink: ) followed by two clementines.

That was the idea Claire, as it's their Wii I'm using - I asked who wanted to play a game with me? :wink: So we had an Abba karaoke dance-athon :lol: