Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

Not sure if you have to do that one. I think you have to be able to get back into your boat from deep water with someone else in another kayak holding your boat, its not very elegant. You have to hoik your legs up onto your boat and then slither in with your head lying low and then into the cockpit. Its most odd. I've done it in the swimming pool. I shall have to look at the BCU website to see what else I have to do. :D

Squiffs - you're weird! :wink::D My YS spends most of his time after he's played in his canoe polo session just rolling and rolling and rolling. I'm going to check him later for web feet and gills. :D

Do you still have to do the raft exercise?

where you all raft up then you take it in turns to get out you boat and walk or crawl along the back

of the others then back to your boat. Not bad if you are doing it in nice water, pretty horrid if it's canal

water. :vom:

We used to do this but it was like a sprint in a lap of the front and backs of the kayaks, hahaha.

Been on my feet nearly all day so that counts as my quota of exercise... Stratford farmers' market, then dog walking with friends, into town for a spot of shopping, then mucking out bunnies and chickens at home, garden tidying, then walking the dogs again. This is the first time I've sat down properly and I'm off for a bath in a few minutes. :D

Huge dog walk this afternoon - probably somewhere around 8 miles but I need to measure it out on an Ordnance Survey map really.

Rather weirdly hubby and I bumped into a group of our friends walking their dogs while we were out. We were walking in a reasonably popular dog walking area, but it's a huge country estate and we were in quite a remote part of it, so the chances of bumping into anyone we knew was pretty low! Of course all the dogs got super excited and bombed around together so this evening we have a very quiet doggy - bliss :lol:

Just a quick note for The Dogmother - thank you so much for your recent suggestion of falconry bells for Tango.I bought some a few weeks ago, but today was the first day we were able to try them out properly with her (ie somewhere where she was likely to bog off for ages). I'm pleased to say the bells were a great success and we were able to have Tango off lead for pretty much the whole walk as we could hear her every move!

Glad to hear that it worked :) I don't use them so much on Cyrus now as I am more attuned to him and he strays less too, although they are a must in bunny territory. They are also useful for gauging how fast he's coming up behind me... that ginger numpty isn't able to run fast and mind my legs at the same time :roll:

I bought some new trainers yesterday - mine were totally worn out and I really need good ones for circuit training as my knees aren't too good after years of training :roll: lovely lad in the shop was knowledgeable and patient, especially with my criteria....

Must have gel or air soles

Must have thick laces (thin ones slither undone)

Must be plain black, grey trim is permitted.

Definitely NO white or colours, or metallic trim

:oops:

I usually end up buying boys ones as the female trainers come in daft colours.

Checked them out on the treadmill and they seem fine. I always buy a full size bigger than I need to avoid jogger's toenail too. Was hoping to go for a run in them today but it's pouring :roll:

Well, I'm on go-slow-circuits at the moment after a recurrence of plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Not too painful for now and lots of foot/calf stretching usually gets rid of it. 'Total rest' :roll: who ever heard of that? Do they think that I'm a woman of leisure?!

Waistline seems to be stuck in a rut at the moment, but with a holiday looming (my folks kindly take R and I away each easter) I am keen to get svelter.... at least the hotel has an excellent gym so I usually spend an hour after breakfast there or go running along the seafront.

I think i spotted DM's "Dog mobile" in the carpark :wink:

Yup, did you spot the eejit who knocked my wing mirror off though? :roll::evil:

Gave my poorly foot a go at circuits last night, was prepared to wimp out and do something with less impact in the gym - rowing or summat but managed well enough with the help of gel trainer inserts.

Glad to hear your shoulder is OK LBB.