Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

Just completed the "Fitter not Fatter Easter" (similar to the Christmas one) on my bike.

100 miles cycling between Good Friday and Easter Monday. Using it to maintain my Weight Watchers "Gold Membership" (now been at target weight for 18 months) and also as my preparation for the British Heart Foundation 50 mile ride at the end of April 2012.

This is all part of my training plan for my 3 day London to Paris Charity Bike ride in June 2012.

This thread's gone a bit quiet :? I was wondering if everyone's given up or are just too busy to post? Having been under the weather for a while, I've only just started exercising again for the first time in over a month or it could be two :oops:

My weight loss has ground to a halt but at least I haven't put any back on :) How are the rest of you getting on?

Don't ask :oops::roll:

I've been without circuit training for what seems like ages; I injured my foot so was doing 'circuits-lite' for a while, then missed 3 weeks due to bank holidays and being away. My foot was well enough for a few gentle runs along the beach and the odd gym session, but I couldn't really generate the enthusiasm for it which is unlike me :oops: Ate far too much as one does on hols when the food is delicious and put on some blubber :roll: Back at circuits last night but it was hard going, and gym again this evening.

I agree with the time problem, DM. In between going to work, walking the dog, cooking dinner, cleaning the house and various other things that I do such as playing in a band, it doesn't leave much time for anything else! I do Zumba one evening a week and I also go horse riding at the weekend, but sadly I don't always have time to do that every week. That's why I try to do longer dog walks at the weekend - I have to take Tango out anyway so may as well just go a bit further! Once the weather perks up a bit I'd like to find time to get my bike out and do a bit of cycling. What's the likelihood of training Tango to run alongside the bike without getting squashed :think: Quite slim I should think.

Im still about - but had to cancel my zumba class tonight, its been a hectic month and I have been on call since bank holiday monday so gym etc has gone right out the window.

I was hoping to go for a decent walk on Sunday in celebration of having the freedom of not being on call... but the weather is dreadful, I checked my phone and its rain until tuesday (as far as you can see) so I may have to hit the gym good and proper next week!!

Woke up with a really sore throat & cold but forced myself to exercise, I've come to the conclusion that if I stop exercising every time I feel ill or have a cold, then I'd never exercise :( But I have to or I don't lose weight, cutting down on calories alone doesn't seem to work for me.

It's a good rule of thumb that if your body hurts then don't exercise, if you just feel a bit rubbish then do some but take it easy... that's what I do anyway.

Just got in from an hour of circuit training; went really well, much better then last week and my knee held up fine with the strapping on it. I shan't go road running again, my joints just can't take it any more; a combination of long term exercise and being nearly 50 doesn't bode well. I need to look after them now. :roll:

Ah, hope you feel better soon Reiki. I keep putting off exercising as I constantly feel under the weather - its either my age or I should get to the doctors! :roll:

I've had a lax few weeks where I just didnt feel like exercising, but I paddled around my local lake a few times on Saturday and today I went swimming (18 lengths)! Trouble is it hasn't stopped me eating cheese & crackers and a lovely slice of chocolate cake. :?