Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

That sounds good Tracy 8)

Only managed 25 minutes at the gym; lots to do at home before I got there, plus walking the dogs, so only had a short time before I had to collect Rosie. Still managed a bit though and am trying to make it high impact.

I think I need to be a lady of leisure and spend every morning in the gym! :lol:

That sounds good Tracy 8)

Only managed 25 minutes at the gym; lots to do at home before I got there, plus walking the dogs, so only had a short time before I had to collect Rosie. Still managed a bit though and am trying to make it high impact.

I think I need to be a lady of leisure and spend every morning in the gym! :lol:

I know what you mean! I finished work early at 4pm to do the school pickup at 4.15, drop her at home 4.30, to get to the gym for warm up at 4.45, with him 5-5.30, then on interval training until 6pm (met hubby in the gym), then to the supermarket and back home to do tea! Working fulltime, publisher deadline in 5 weeks for a textbook I am writing outside of work and daughter with 10 AS exams in the next 3 weeks do not make it easy! The trouble is I would never be free of excuses or being busy so just went for it - without those booked one-to-one sessions I know I wouldn't be doing it 5 days a week for that long.

So far so good.

Tracy

Well I've had a lovely dose of stomach flu which has resulted in a 2.4 lb weight loss since my last weigh in. I've no doubt that most of this will go back on once I've started eating properly again. :roll:

Hopefully back to swimming next week with a bit of kayaking thrown in.

Now 2 weeks into my 4 week challenge - 6 personal training sessions completed, 5 * 1hr exercise sessions each week completed (actually today was 2+ hrs road cycling). Plus sticking to the food plan as much as I can - trying to eat 5 times a day with higher carbs and protein and less sugar (from fresh fruit) is a bit of a pain, but is supposed to help.

OH is doing a 90 mile cycle tomorrow, and planning on Land's End to John O'Groats in a week's time (over 11 days), so my improved level of exercise is not impressive in comparison, but I am trying.

Tracy

Good for you Tracy!

I've given up road running now due to my bad knees (brought on my years of sprint training and hard exercise :roll::oops: ) and only run on a treadmill or a sprung floor at the gym. Still doing circuits on a Monday evening, lots of long dog walks (hilly if possible) and trying to eat sensibly. Doesn't help when I am tired though as I want to eat rubbish :?

Started back at the gym recently following the back injury in February. The physio advised that I tried a pilates class but felt my leg was worse after (it is still not totally ok yet anyway). I have been swimming which did not seem to cause a problem and also used the bike in the gym as had cycled outside and felt ok with it. After the cycle inside I felt my leg a bit sore but that was following rummaging about in the compost bin and a bit of gardening too so I am not sure what caused the problem. However I do feel the position of the seat was different and maybe that put an additional pressure on my back. I hate that I cannot go to my classes anymore :( I think I will just need to accept that I have to alter my forms of exercise :?

Started back at the gym recently following the back injury in February. The physio advised that I tried a pilates class but felt my leg was worse after (it is still not totally ok yet anyway). I have been swimming which did not seem to cause a problem and also used the bike in the gym as had cycled outside and felt ok with it. After the cycle inside I felt my leg a bit sore but that was following rummaging about in the compost bin and a bit of gardening too so I am not sure what caused the problem. However I do feel the position of the seat was different and maybe that put an additional pressure on my back. I hate that I cannot go to my classes anymore :( I think I will just need to accept that I have to alter my forms of exercise :?

You'll find things you can do, I have had to alter my routine a bit since the days of Rugby and boxing are over. :cry::cry:

Keep trying Pilates when you are better and stick to the easy settings then build up to the more advanced.

I've been going for 4mnths now and my knee, hip and shoulder are starting to feel normal now. I like the

cross trainer as it is less impact on joints for me at the moment. There are some great supplements out there that

can make a difference, I take glucosamine and hyaluronic acid which has made a huge difference.

Done some pretty intensive animal mucking out and wood stacking this morning... to be followed by a long walk later.

I am nursing a couple of injuries at the moment (this is what happens in middle age :roll: ) a bursa on my left knee which causes some discomfort and really needs aspirating, and a tingling left hand where I seem to have slept on it funnily :? some hard work followed by a hot bath ought to sort out the latter.

I've been kayaking 4 times this week, once at the swimming pool and 3 times at the lake, which has been absolutely lovely due to the weather. When it was breezy on Saturday, it made it much harder going into the wind so the resistance should have done me some good! :D

Sadly didn't get around to swimming this week but did the usual Cookie walking.

I've piled on a bit due to study scoffing :oops: over the past month and not going gym on Wednesday.

I am trying to get back to normal (she says with a packet of walnut whips on the desk) I have one lab OOA

at then moment so less training and walking. I have managed to get another fit ball which i am using instead of

a chair so at least my core muscles won't slack. :lol:

Clothes still fit fine so it's not toooooo bad :whistle:

I completed my 4 week gym challenge and lost 4% body fat, plus some weight - still feel more to do so I have signed on for another 4 weeks. I am hoping by then I will be fit for my 10 days sailing in July.

Obviously OH currently cycling Land's End to John O'Groats, cycling 75 -100 miles a day is probably achieving a lot more than my efforts.

Tracy