Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

Well, got back from my Marbella boot camp on sunday night. It was FAB, the girl who runs it really knows what she is doing and the accommodation and food was great as well. Lost 5lbs, but more importantly lost 3 inches off my waist and 2 off my hips (also 1.5 off my bust :evil: ) and managed to beat all of the fitness goals that they set for me (managed 24 full pressups in 2 mins, was v proud of myself as my goal was 20).

SO, only a few more pounds to go and my fitness levels are better. Those last ones are often the hardest though aren't they, so it might be a bit of a slog. Determined to be as fit as possible before the summer.

Everyone else sounds like they're doing great - well done!

Sorry to hear that Lolalayal - try cutting back a bit on portions and carbs.

Trying to be good but YS has got the baking bug and it is hard not to try his products :shock: Out to see friends today and had a black coffee, no cake :) Having haggis, turnip and potato for dinner. Glad to hear folks are doing well :D

Good to see that lots of you are still doing so well :clap: And sorry for those of you having problems, apart from lots of walking in Bournemouth the other week, I've done no exercise for weeks now :oops:

I think the change is upon me, having periods every 3 weeks, ill while I've got them and then spend the next 2 weeks getting well just in time for it to start all over again :( Sorry if TMI, I'm getting a tad frustrated to say the least & the lack of exercise is slowing down my weightloss, although I have managed to lose a stone and a half in total since the end of November :D

Ive been neglecting this thread a bit. well the whole forum of late....

My work has been having issues and i have been working from early in the morning until 9-10pm at night so all my routine has gone out the window. Agnes my favourite (poorly) exbatt died 3 weeks ago. Most recent last week we had an announcement at work that peoples jobs were under threat of redundancy.

Today my beloved parrot died, he had been poorly while we were on holiday and hadnt been right since, I took him for more treatment on friday but he died early hours of this morning. I am at a really low point at the moment I am hoping i can get myself out of it - just feel really rubbish :(

You have had a run of bad luck, Sam! Sorry for your losses and I hope things get better soon at work!

I went to Zumba three times this week, although I didn't really want to the last time! I can tell that my cardio and energy levels gets weaker as my rest breaks get shorter! I was rewarded by dropping below another five pound milestone, though! So then I went to the grocery store and they had Ben & Jerry's BOGO free and I couldn't resist. I did at least get the frozen yogurt! :wink:

Oh Sammiboo, sorry you're having such a tough time at the moment and for your losses :(

Sending you (((((HUGS))))) and hoping that things improve quickly, don't give up and try and have a break from work even if it's just 5 minutes in the garden with a cuppa, weather permitting of course :)

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time Sammi.

Weighed maself while I was home this weekend, have lost 2 stone and 2 lbs since 1st Jan :D

Been getting a bit bored of carrot + stuff recently and still not doing exercise apart from walking up/down the hill but glad its still working. Will make more of an effort to eat better when I get these 2 assignments handed in.

Obviously am pleased but I don't think you can really tell yet ...did have to get smaller jeans this weekend though!

That's great news Lewis 8)

Just been to circuits, took it a bit less easy than last week and the foot wasn't too painful. It was very hot in there though - dunno what's up with the aircon. :roll:

Karen went in to do Body Pump as I left so I hope that her shoulder holds up. Saw you parked next to the Dogmobile, K :lol:

Went to kayaking last night, not sure its doing much for my fitness levels, but I suppose it does take a bit of effort to get yourself the right way up from upside down under the boat (does that make sense??). :?

Its not doing my body any good. I have got two whopping big red marks on my knees for gripping the inside of the boat. I'm going to look gorgeous when I go swimming tomorrow - not. :roll:

Went to Zumba last night and had a really good workout. Got chatting to some of the ladies afterwards - one of them was telling me she had got a new puppy, a Yorkie x Chi. Apparently she already has a Dobermann too. Then another of the girls mentioned she also has a dog (a Pug x GSD :shock: The mind boggles...!).

So, jokingly, I said we should start a dog walking club. The Yorkie x Chi woman then said, 'Yes I should start taking the dog out, I used to walk her and I lost loads of weight.' (She currently 'walks' her by driving to a field, opening the car door and letting the dog run around while she reads the newspaper :evil: ).

The Pug x GSD woman then said, 'Yes, I don't really walk my dog that much'. They looked a bit surprised when I then said that my dog gets a minimum of 1.5 hours exercise every day!

Does anyone have any ideas why people get a dog but then don't walk it, and also why you would pay £4 for a weekly fitness class when you have a source of free exercise at home? I came home from Zumba quite upset that people don't walk their dogs and then told Tango how lucky she is!