Sammiboo

Omleteers Fit for 2012

Thanks superkitty :) Thankfully pain not as bad as initially but altered sensation in leg much the same. I want to get back to exercising asap but don't want to more damage as pushing myself led to the position I am in. I will just need to be really careful eating. This morning I have managed to steer past the malteaser slice made by YS and ate a banana. I weighed myself and although down 5lbs since the start have only lost 1lb since 9 Jan :( Things could have been a lot worse though. Would like to lose 7lbs more.

I'd be totally up for giving pole dancing classes a go - I am in awe of the muscle tone of women who use them. Need to lose about 50lbs before I even think about it though, hahaha.

I thought that...but there were all shapes and sizes there! She said her oldest lady is 72!!!!! :shock: I didn't see her, but there was a lady my mums age (lets just say my mum has her bus pass already :D )in the ''expert' class after us and she was AWESOME. So strong and athletic, without being bulky.

I guess it all depends on the teacher. I must admit I had an idea in my head of what she'd be like...and she didn't match up to that (thankfully). Not a s"Ooops, word censored!" of makeup on, no fake boobs etc. just really fit and strong and enthusiastic. I thought it was great. :D

We have arranged a private hour-long class for me and my friend later on in march :roll:

Circuits was cancelled last night, they were running Body Pump instead so I went to the gym instead while Rosie did 40 lengths in the pool. Must've missed you there K, but it was very crowded.

I think that my work trousers feel a bit looser, there doesn't seem to be as much over-spill anyway. The rest of me is fine, it's just the middle bit - I blame it on age :roll: menopause... hormones and that stuff.

Just completed my 4th hourly session of exercise for this week. Now 2 days off, back to it in Sunday. I'm starting to miss it on my days off and look forward to it.

Epic fail with dieting, I've cut out lots of bread and coffee and only serve myself tiny meals, and I managed to avoid the carrier bag of chocolate apart from 2 mini eggs and 1 mis-shape. Not bad considering what's in the bag of delight, but I hate organised dieting - it just makes me think about food.

:clap::clap:

I got a telling off from my massage lady, I have set my shoulder back a little from cleaning the

chickens out last week so i have lengthened the recovering time :wall:

Out for dog walks shortly and hope to head to the gym for an hour tonight. Food wise not to bad

apart from 10 very chocolatey biscuits i ate on Monday but counterbalanced it with a 4mile walk with the dogs. :lol:

Well, I've had a bereavement in the family and I'm afraid I've done a bit of comfort eating (and drinking) this week. :(

Hopefully back on the wagon when I feel a bit brighter.

Sorry to hear that Seagazer.

I wouldn't worry too much about eating more at this time, it is more important to come to terms with your loss and deal with all that involves, then when things have settled down you will be able to get back to getting fitter for 2012.

Some things are important but others are more important, family and friends being the most important in my view.

Thinking of you.

Chrissie

Im back from the cruise! Thanks for your congrats on my recent engagement! :)

Weighed myself yesterday and luckily I haven't put anything on! I did come down with the norovirus (same day I posted on the thread! ) so I haven't been eating properly anyway!

Monday back at the gym for a swim which I am actually looking forward to!

Just done first of this week's sessions. One hour of samba, salsa and merangue (ive forgotten how to spell it) and then stretching. I'm finding it ideal to post on here as it motivates me to do the exercise and ignore naughty food. :D

I tried on what I call my funeral trousers last week and they were tight, tight, tight. :shock:

So I have a proper goal now.

I had a serious workout at Zumba this Thursday, in fact I overdid it because I was feeling a bit woozy by the end. Note to self - you are not Superwoman :shameonu: I will take it a bit steadier next week.

This afternoon hubby and I are off to meet some friends for a dog walk, it will be nice to go somewhere different for a change of scene from our usual walks.

Well finally got round to starting a low fat diet. OH who exercises by walking a mile daily and is very controlled with his eating has a battle of the bulge. He is on anti depressants which add to wt gain as I know too. Hes also done his knee in too. So he comes home from library with Rosemary Conley's low fat step by step book. My heart sinks - 2 of us struggling with wt me with high cholesterol a male teen whos got allergies and a faddy 10yr old (not feeling sorry for myself just feel out of my depth at times.)Like a lot of mums I love cooking but its a faff when there are so many issues esp as OH and ES cant eat spicy foods :wall::wall::wall: if there was smiley for a weeping woman it would be inserted here.

Well did a low fat shepherds pie in the week - dry fried everything - kids werent keen as I added veg - major sin that. Found a recipe in book for no fat roast pots - very nice. It is a good book - dont have to buy loads of stuff you wont use. So far so good - in fact I have ordered book from Amazon. Have stopped eating chocs etc at work from grateful patients and walk when poss. Trousers feel a bit looser and OH has lost 3lbs so hes happier.

Alisgirls: have you tried substituting the mince for quorn? And I highly recommend fry light, it's only 1calorie a spray and if you use it in a non stick frying pan it takes the pain out of dry frying. I make butternut squash chips with it :)

I gained a few lbs whilst I was off work sick, I've lost half of that again this week - PHEW. BUT a non-scale victory for me, 2 days before I weighed in and gained 3lbs I bought some new tops for spring, intending them to fit me in a couple of months' time, and lo and behold they fit already even with the 3lb gain! I've dropped 2 dress sizes on my top half since january!