Lavenders_Blue

A day in the life of your pet

Someone posted a link on another thread to Wood Green Animal Rescue. After I had found it necessary to look at all the dogs available for rehoming :oops: I came across this page about Terriers, which includes a 'Day in the life of a terrier'. In my experience they have got the diary more or less accurate, but with a few important details missing, so I thought I would post my own 'Day in the life of a terrier' based on the Wood Green page. Please post your own 'Day in the life of your pet' too!

6.30am Time to wake up! Tap on the bedroom door loudly with my paw to wake up those lazy humans, it's time to take them for their walkies.

6.45am Why has it taken 15 minutes to be let into the bedroom? Perhaps the humans don't understand that tapping on the bedroom door means I'm ready to go out for a walk? I'll try whining instead, they might understand that better.

7.00am That's better, they're up and about! It would probably help move things along a bit more quickly if I dance around their legs and jump in their face while they are getting dressed.

7.10am A nice morning walk with lots of opportunities to get my nose into bushes and sniff out the trails of other animals.

8.00am I can hear a ringing sound in my ears. I think the humans call it 'recall'. Probably best just to ignore it, I expect it will go away.

8.10am Breakfast time! I will jump up in my human's face while she is getting it ready to show her how STARVING HUNGRY I am.

8.11am Breakfast finished- now where did I put that squeaky toy?

8.25am Elderly neighbour is walking past the garden fence, he looks like he's about to jump over and break into my house so I'd better bark loudly to see him off.

8.27am He's coming back the other way now! Didn't he hear me first time? I'd better bark again to make sure he doesn't try and break in.

8.30am My human has gone for a shower. I'd best lie outside the bathroom door for protection, in case she disappears down the plug hole.

8.45am Time for a little rest now. It's been a pretty exhausting day so far!

10.30am The post has arrived. Post is pretty dangerous stuff in my opinion. The best way to avert danger is to bark loudly and then tear the letters to shreds.

10.31am Seeing as I am now awake, it's probably time for another game of squeaky toy.

10.35am My human has hidden my squeaky toy. She was muttering something about 'trying to work' and 'telephone calls'. Spoilsport.

12.00 Time to go in the garden - I wonder if I'll get to chase the chickens?

12.15pm My human has sat down with a sandwich, that smells pretty tasty! If I stare at her hard enough and whimper, she might give me some although she never has done yet...

12.20pm I don't believe it, the elderly neighbour is going past the fence again! My throat is getting a bit sore if I'm honest, but I bark anyway because that's my job.

1.00pm Time for a training session! I love to demonstrate how bright I am, plus I get lots of tasty treats which is good because I am VERY HUNGRY. I can't remember if I had any breakfast today but I don't think so because I am STARVING.

1.30pm It must be nearly time for my afternoon walk. I will demonstrate this to my human by jumping around and turning circles every time she stand up.

2.15pm What is taking so long? I want to go for a walk!

3.00pm Finally! Time for another walk with lots of opportunities to rustle amongst the leaves and hedges. Hopefully I will get to chase or even catch a rabbit or pheasant if I am lucky. My human is asking me to 'come', 'sit' and 'down'. I stare at her blankly. I haven't got a clue what she is on about.

4.00pm Homeward bound and it must be time for tea. I haven't eaten in days and I am REALLY HUNGRY.

5.00pm I finally get my tea. Just in the nick of time if you ask me, I'm pretty sure I was about to expire from hunger.

5.01pm Re-energised from my tea, I think it's time for another game of squeaky toy!

5.45pm The male human returns home. I show him how excited I am to see him by jumping in his face and letting him play with my squeaky toy. These humans need a lot of entertaining, don't they?

6.30pm The humans are eating their dinner, but they seem to have forgotten mine. I'm SO HUNGRY because I haven't eaten all day but I will just have to be patient. Perhaps I can catch one of the chickens when I go out in the garden?

7.00pm Time for a quick nap unless there's something interesting on TV.

9.00pm Time for one last play with my squeaky toy!

10.30pm Time for bed and a treat. I'll sleep well tonight - I'll need lots of energy for another busy day tomorrow!

:lol::lol: seen a few of these - very funny. there's a great greyhound blog here, this one about a pure saluki always makes me laugh

OK, two lurchers....

6am: Mum gets up and puts on her dog walking clothes, we just watch her from our beds as she feeds the other animals and has her breakfast - why get up when you have staff? We bark to let her know that her newspaper has arrived. Cyrus eyes up Mum's breakfast but he's not allowed to steal any so he just makes gooey eyes at her.

6.45am out for a walk in the park at the end of our road and to meet our pals for a play. When it's cold we need to wear our warm coats - us saluki lurchers are bred for the desert don't you know. We always have tons of fun with our mates, and chasing the squirrels. Ruby tries to snaffle a discarded pizza but mean old mum calls her off. Two small fluffy white dog-things yip at us, so we stick our noses in the air at them... how very common :roll:

7am time to head back home where we do our best to look half starved while the staff gets our breakfast ready - why is it that we're always last to eat in our house? I do wish that Cyrus would learn to eat slower, his apres-breakfast belch is not becoming, nor gentlemanly. A quick stretch after our breakfast and we head back to bed (you'll see a pattern emerging here) Ruby doesn't like to sleep too close to the 'stinky boy', she thinks it's beneath her dignity. Cyrus likes to take his teddy to bed.

8.15am and Mum heads off to that place she calls work while we guard the house.... from our beds. She swears that we don't move while she's out, and you know what, she's probably right... why waste energy when you're saving it up for a 30mph dash at lunchtime. We do like a quick bark at anyone using the side alley though and the window cleaner gets short shrift too - you have to keep these staff on their toes you know.

Midday and mum comes home for lunch, we make a great show of getting up, stretching (us athletes need to stretch out our muscles) and greeting her. Ruby usually makes mum a bit cross by wiping her white hair all over mum's smart work clothes - I think Rubes does it on purpose. :D Mum has her lunch and we help her to sort the laundry by picking up socks and running round the house with them - we figure that she needs the exercise :wink: she goes out to put those 'fings wot go cluck' back in their own run and then we all go out in the garden for a run around and a game of ball or frisbee; mum has got quite good at pegging out laundry while chucking a ball, we do feel that her training needs refining though.

12.50pm we go back indoors and slope off to our beds for another snooze. I have noticed that the stink boy snores when he lies on his back.

4pm the younger hooman gets back from her puppy classes - she calls it school - and makes a great big fuss of us, so we get up and run around like loons so that she strokes us a lot to calm us down :lol: we help the younger hooman with her homework coz she's far too stoopid to do it herself, Cyrus is a dab hand at Latin and helps with her conjugation thingies. We like the smaller hooman as she sneaks us her toast crusts and sometimes lies down on our beds with us.

5.45pm shewhomustbeobeyed gets home, so after a long, restorative snooze we do the wall of death thing to show how much we love her. Cyrus does his Irish jig to make her laugh - methinks he is such a plonker. Mum has to use her Voice of Doom to get us to quieten down, so we take to our beds in umbrage while she gets changed and feeds the other animals before we go for a lovely walk across the field or in the woods - we have a bunny catching competition going on at the moment and the boy is winning 8) Mum loves our walks but does do the shouting thing at the stoopid Irish dog when he rolls in poo.

We wait for the staff to light the stove, then sprawl in front of it while mum does the chores, then we run out in the garden for a last piddle and chase of the neighbours stoopid cat before we snuggle into our beds for more snoozing.

Life of 2 lazy London kitties as told by Sandy ginger tom

5,30am get up off bed and go into mum and dads and scratch bed post, dad says "$%^(*)_)&$££" and sounds cross. Mum carries on snoring.

5.35am Dad picks me up and shoves me out the door and mutters "too bleeping early Sandy - go and have a run" Big miffed as I'm starrrrrrving - blimey its chilly.

6am Coeee mum I;m here - silly mum half asleep - wow shes opened the door - ooh brekkie time - I kiss Honey my sister on the nose and she sniffs my bum :vom:

8am Eldest son of mum and dad goes off so sit on dustbin and wave my paw.

8.30 Mum and YS go off

9am boy am I tired - head down for a snooze ZZZZZZZZZZZ

10am - 2pm ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3pm oh mums back and the kids will be in soon - shes on that omlet site again - oy mum hungreeeeeeeeeeeeee meaow

4-7pm spent sleeping, exploring garden and saying hello to the chucks

Late evening - they are all ready for bed - I make my way to L's bed and settle down on his feet - G'night

:lol::lol: very good everybody!

Life of 2 country cats, Billie (Silly Billy Softy with long legs) and his sister Daisy (Slack Daisy, short legs, huge tum):

7.20 Big tall human comes into our freezing cold conservatory where we are forced to spend the night on the only good chair in the house, dressed only in our fur coats.

7.25 We speed up the stairs playing lets get in the way of the hot tea being carried up for the short human

7.26 Daisy clambers onto bed and sits on short human. Why is she pretending to be asleep? I think I'd better pat her face. That hasn't worked. Shall I try dribbling on her face? I know I'll get literally as close as I can and give her a pretend bite on the face. Good, thats worked.

7.28 Billie alights with all the grace of a ballet dancer on short human. Short human is pinned to the bed.

7.45 Eventually short human emerges from underneath a pile of cats and gets up to let the chickens out. Why do they get fed before us? Its just not fair.

7.50 Both: Ooooh, cat food. Yummy.

7.56 Billie: Let me out.

7.58 Billie: Let me in.

8.10 Daisy: Now let me out.

8.20 Daisy: Now let me in.

8.30 Billie: Now you've sat down at the computer, shall I help by walking over the keyboard?

8.31 Billie: I can help eat your breakfast if you like?

8.35 Billie: Shall I sit on your lap?

8.36 Daisy: Can I go out?

8.40 Billie: Please stop moving about I want to sleep on your lap.

13.30 Short human comes back from a meeting and goes to the bathroom.

13.31 Billie: I don't know why you are looking like that, I am a very clean cat and I did it in the bath.

13.32 Billie: Yes, well, I forgot to tell you the one I did by the fridge. I don't like it when you go out. Where's our lunch? Not that tin in the fridge, I want the nice stuff in the larder.

13.33 Billie: I am going to sit on you and I won't be moved. I haven't had sufficient rest today.

14.50 Daisy: Ooooh, are you going out? Can I come? I'll help. How exciting we are having an adventure. Aaaaah, don't let that chicken get me. Shall we go to the end of the garden and sit on that bench? Then I can sit on you and drool a bit. Shall I chase that small insect? I am lovely aren't I?

16.00 Billie: Where's my tea?

18.00 Billie: Is that your tea? Do you need some help preparing the meat? Are you having melon or cake for pudding? Just a small portion for me please. What do you mean, you're having oranges? You know I don't like citrus.

18.01 Billie: Let me out, now.

18.10 Billie: Let me back in, its freezing

18.50 Daisy: Can I go out?

19.50 Both humans: Daisy where are you?

19.55 Daisy: Why have you shut me in the kitchen? Can't you hear me scrabbling about, I've mountaineered to the top of the rubbish bin. If I play with this handle thing long enough I'm sure the door will open either because I am super-clever or because the noise will annoy you and you will let me in.

20.00 Daisy: That's better! I think I'll have another nap now but before I do that very important task I'll sit behind tall human on the sofa and lick his hair.

20.01 Billie: Get off my tail. Go away. I am asleep.

21.30 Billie is bored and beats up Daisy. Daisy rolls over and hisses. Eventually they sit together quietly.

22.00 Tall human yawns. Short human takes off her glasses. Both cats wake up. Billie tries to herd short human into the larder for their supper. Short human is marginally cleverer than the cat. She goes willingly into the larder and brings out a pouch. Cats circle. Little do the cats know that this is the way the humans make sure the cats spend each and every night in the conservatory. Half a pouch each, turn out the light, run to the door and escape before they realise they are shut in again :D