Paola

Dishwasher life expectancy?

Mines just died (well, actually it was killed off :evil: ) after 7 years. But I hadn't realised how badly it was washing things until we got a new one! New one has much faster cycles as well - am very happy with it! (**This One** in case you are interested) Was a bit wary of buying a cheapy as our last one was a Bosch, but this one is superb 8)

Our first one lasted nearly 10 years and was really good so we bought the new version of it, new one isn't a patch on the 1st, it broke down after 3 years and cost a lot to repair, it was under warranty but I wasn't prepared to wait over 2 weeks for them to send someone round for initial appointment, despite using the superduper tabs but still adding rinse aid & salt and cleaning it monthly,it's rubbish and we rarely get a wash where half a dozen things don't have to be washed again :(

Incase you want to avoid it, it's a Hotpoint slimline.

Mines just died (well, actually it was killed off :evil: ) after 7 years. But I hadn't realised how badly it was washing things until we got a new one! New one has much faster cycles as well - am very happy with it! (**This One** in case you are interested) Was a bit wary of buying a cheapy as our last one was a Bosch, but this one is superb 8)

Wow, thats really affordable 8)

Thanks for all of your advice :D I just had to put on a 70 degree wash to make sure it all came out clean. It was 2nd time round too for most of it :roll:

I'm very impressed with the Beko Paola - and the website! Ordered it online and they contacted me next day to arrange a time for delivery the day after! It does a full wash and dry in 58 minutes - the old washer used to take 2 hours. I can honestly say I prefer it to the Boschh! (and if it does conk out, at that price I can afford to replace it! :wink: )

I can vouch for other Beko products. We had a tall fridge freezer for almost 10 years, which was still working although needed new rubber trims and we gave to a friend when we bought our American style one. We also have a tumble dryer and washing machine which are brilliant. I would deffo buy their stuff again instead of spending out on an AEG (like we did for our last washing machine) :roll:

I have a much-hated Hotpoint which came free with the kitchen :roll: ; it cleans very well but I can't wait for it to konk out so that I can make use of the space with a cupboard. Rosie and I really don't need a dishwasher, a fact that is hotly disputed by Phil who is in charge of washing up when he comes at weekends :roll:

I was going to get that one for our office, when our faithful old Indesit (10 yrs old) looked like it might die a few weeks back, the cleaner broke the door catch by trying to shove it closed when the baskets weren't in properly, because their wheels had finally pretty much all fallen off. It got great reviews everywhere and is really cheap. OH managed however to mend the door catch and we got some new wheels on ebay, but I will keep that one in mind if we do need to replace it.

At home we had a Hotpoint slimline for nearly 15 years and have now had a full sized Hotpoint for about 4 years with no issues.

I once had a Hotpoint that was still going when I moved house after 13 years, so I got another Hotpoint when we came here but that broke down several times and finally gave up the ghost after 10 years last month. Have replaced it with a super duper Siemens (same company as Bosch), that decides how long to wash the dishes for depending how dirty the water gets. Mind you if I'd seen that Beko one I might have got that and spent the rest of the money on my garden :lol: .

Paola, have you checked that all arm inlets are clean and also your filter is as well. Also, could be worth running a cleaner through it. Apologies if you've already done all this.

Filter is fine, as I checked it this morning :wink: I have run a cleaner through it within the past couple of weeks. Never looked at the arms :think: Will have a fiddle :wink:

I have a much-hated Hotpoint which came free with the kitchen :roll: ; it cleans very well but I can't wait for it to konk out so that I can make use of the space with a cupboard. Rosie and I really don't need a dishwasher, a fact that is hotly disputed by Phil who is in charge of washing up when he comes at weekends :roll:

I hate to worry you, but our Hotpoint has just gone to dishwasher heaven aged 19!! Only one repair (and that was just the programme dial and it was when the dishwasher was only months old)!

we have that Beko one too. it's ok. sometimes it seems to leave stuff stuck to the outside of glasses (and cooked on), but that's my fault I expect for not rinsing plates.

The wash cycle is really quick though which is great.

And at the price, if it lasts 5 yrs I'll be happy. Think it's 2 at the moment

Our 10 year old machine has just started washing badly - leaving stuff on plates etc. We took out the mesh/arms/filters whatever we could yesterday evening. I washed the fine mesh bits with my fingers and a toothbrush and am a bit :oops: to report what else I found down there - lemon pips, bits of general yuk, a tiny bit of bone :shock::shock: , and some bits of wineglass.

However, today the machine is back to its good old self :D